Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone interested in buying the original GEORG JENSEN lot that inspired all those vintage remakes?

Comments

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, how much?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can tell what agre group I'm in when this is the first thing I thought of-

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive dealt in some of his flatware and made quick sales of it. These would be easy ebay listings that would generate sales with in days if priced properly.

PM me your asking price as I may have a customer for these.

• Options
    WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

There are many like these, however, I can't find even one duplicate of any of these ORIGINAL EARLY Georg Jensen items. Everything listed online is a remake made in the 80's. These items have the early markings on them and are the originals which inspired the many Georg Jensen items listed for sale today on eBay. They contain labradorite stones, NOT BLUE MOONSTONES, like the remakes. Others have silver balls where the gemstones are located on mine. Georg Jensen is the most sought after jewelry along with Tiffany and his jewelry has never decreased in value. Year after year, his items continuously increase in value with no exceptions. I guarantee I am the only one with the pattern number 4 ring with one labradorite stone. Every item in this lot is the first of the pattern as proven by its markings and after searching for literally about 100 hours and having experts look at it, I question how many he made of each pattern back in the early 1900's because like I said I couldn't find any of these with the same stones and markings. This is an investment you can be truly confident in. Understand its rarity and significance. I don't believe these should be worn but instead put in a museum of stored in a safe as an original early large collection of the most sought after jeweler of the early 1900's. If these were the 1980's remakes, the set would sell between $5500-7,000. I'm in no rush to sell. I understand its historical significance. You can go buy a 1980's bracelet with moonstones for $1800 just like everyone else has or have the first one with labradorite that you won't find anywhere else or the Number 4 pattern ring that was never remade and you literally can't buy it anywhere. How do you price items like these.... It's tough. It's rare. It's got history. It's made by a legend in the industry. They inspired the pieces that were made 50 years later. I would like people to send me offers rather than a set price. If I feel like the dollar amount is right and it's worth taking common printed paper money for one of a kind rarities that only increase in value then I will accept. THIS SET IS AWESOME AND ITS THE BEST FIND IVE EVER COME ACROSS.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

thank God my wife doesnt look at these forums

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2017 1:57PM

I like Georg Jensen pieces.
    But I only have a couple examples of his work (sterling silver spoon & fork). I bought them years ago for a little over melt. I think they are worth about double or tripple melt now. So not a huge premium on those.

Anyway, if this jewelry is as rare, unique, and valuable as you say, and if you are not in a hurry to sell, I think your best bet might be to consign them to a major high-end auction.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom B ... me too!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:
    I like Georg Jensen pieces.
    But I only have a couple examples of his work (sterling silver spoon & fork). I bought them years ago for a little over melt. I think they are worth about double or tipple melt now. So not a huge premium on those.

Anyway, if this jewelry is as rare, unique, and valuable as you say, and if you are not in a hurry to sell, I think your best bet might be to consign them to a major high-end auction.

I like a nice tipple myself now and then.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.