Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I finally pulled a Jerry Rice!!

After almost two months since the National, I finally decided to break the seal on the nice 1986 Topps Football wax box I got from BBCE! I decided to open just 4 packs on this night and save the rest for some other time.

I pulled the top 4 packs form the box and with sleeves and card savers ready I started...

First pack yielded a couple nice cards but showed signs that packs from this box would yield a gum card, a wax (on back) card and two cards stuck together (due to 1000 yard club cards). Thankfully, the other three packs had no stuck together cards.

Second pack started the same, but a few cards in BAM, my very first Jerry Rice pull ever! Probably is only a 7 at best due to the corners.

Here is the Rice:

The other two packs yielded some nice cards but no additional star power.

Glad to get that card off my pull list. Now I have no reason to be in a hurry to open the rest of the box :)

I've since switched over to what is left of a box of 1987 Football wax that I also picked up from BBCE at the National. So far it's been mostly been off centered stuff, but I have pulled a lot of the hits...

Comments