Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recolored?

After several submissions of cards from the Venezuelan series, I received several back as recolored. Anyone have any ideas what to look for on the cards to see this? I am just not seeing whatever the grader saw and want to make sure that I can identify this.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2017 3:54PM

Hiya Chris

Probably the easiest way is to place the card under a desk lamp at an angle.

What year?

Here's an example I just did.

From the scan the card looks pretty good - just like looking straight at the card:

now look under the light at an angle:

I've been told that a black light works - but with a sharpie, I couldn't see the difference in the printing ink from the sharpie.

BTW, I "recolored" the upper left hand edge of the card where there was some chipping.

Mike
  • Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

If you look at the edge of the card , if the edges were recolored, you will usually see it leaked over the paper layers....

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CdnOsfan said:
    If you look at the edge of the card , if the edges were recolored, you will usually see it leaked over the paper layers....

Very true.

If they've gone to the edge with recoloring.

Here's where someone thought they were being clever:

Mike
  • Options

Thanks for the help - the cards were from the 65 and 62 sets. I was able to see some of the issues. Still looking for a few others. A bit disappointing...