Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which current HOFer is undervalued?

Of the HOFer rookies out there, who will have a huge upside in value in say 20 years from now?

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

larry bird

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Magic Johnson

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

No wait I'm going to go with Dr J.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

Moses Malone.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

Brett Favre

Dan Marino

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rickey Henderson

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Muttiah Muralidaran

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the basketball picks and would add Kareem to the list.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre 1986 fleer basketball, card prices are surprisingly low. 1974 jerry west psa 8 $20, huh? 1972 jerry west psa 9, $100, huh? Any baseball mega star 1972 psa 9 is over $500. Basketball production was probably 10% of baseball, maybe less for those years.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

Ernie Banks
    Stan Musial

They are relatively inexpensive in comparison to the other big name Post-WAR HOF RC's out there like Aaron, Clemente, Mays, and Mantle...

I kind of think that if the Basketball guys haven't taken off by now, they might not ever take off. Jordan seems to be the only card everyone wants to own, regardless of if they do basketball or not.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options

None.

The market has dictated that there is simply minimal interest in all but a relative handful of HOFers. We can sit here all day saying "so and so" should be higher because of this, that or the other thing, but at the end of the day, the prices are the prices because so few people care about collecting random great players who haven't been relevant in three to ten decades. Its no different than it was in the mid 1990's - we couldn't give away the likes of Al Kaline, Harmon Killebrew, Terry Bradshaw, Abdul-Jabar or virtually anyone else not named Ruth, Mantle or Clemente. And once you get into the 80's and beyond, the cards are all too mass produced to hold any current value. The 89' UD Griffey is the biggest joke of all - there are at least 2 million of that card(UD admits to doubling the print run, but there are stories of even more #1's being printed on sheets - so I say "at least").

I personally love Steve Carlton, Bob Gibson and Tom Seaver and have wondered why their cards didn't hold up after the late 90's crash - but hardly anyone else cares today which explains their pricing.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options

George Gervin

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Jim Brown, no really he is.