Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some new acquisitions on 2017.09.08

EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 9, 2017 9:31AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

It turned out that Friday was a very good day for me. First, I went to the NY Numismatic Club meeting and had a good time. While there, I monitored the HA auction and won a lot: 31132

Livorno. Cosimo III Medici Tollero 1707 MS63 NGC, Livorno mint, KM35, Dav-1500, Montagano-65, Morosini-16. Obv. A super draped bust image of Cosimo III right, with date below. Rev. Fortress at Livorno with crown above. Sharply struck devices, with argent-gray toning over full lustrous, minimally marked surfaces. A very rare issue in Mint State, with none certified finer than this superior issue.

Second, the NYNC membership voted on my application for membership (I was accepted). Here is a picture of my membership pin:

For those who do not know, the NYNC is ANA member club #1 and one of our earliest members was Victor David Brenner. I now join four other known active forum members in the NYNC. (Three of them collect dark side and can identify themselves if they wish.)

After getting home at 11:30pm (I live too far away!!!), I found a book had arrived:

For those of you who do not normally deal in Anglo-Saxon coinage, as an intellectual exercise try to identify the coin pictured on the jacket cover.

All in all, it was a pretty good day for me.

It was also @Nap's birthday yesterday, and maybe some of that good emotion came my way. (Happy birthday, my friend!)

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments