Home Sports Talk
Options

Is it almost time when even Mark will start to watch a few MLB games??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are fast approaching the best time of the MLB season when Teams try to set themselves up for a post-season run, prospects give us a short glimpse of tomorrows stars and the cream rises to the top. For Mark, although I realize you aren't crazy about BB and will focus on CFB I can feel your residual pain for the faultering Tigers. I think they are ready to cut ties with players and rebuild, possibly firing Brad Ausmus for a fresh start. It was a nice run and I wonder where some of the better players will end up during the off-season??

I think the NL is pretty much settled and the only real race in the AL will probably be Boston vs. NY and that loser vs. a few Teams for the WildCard. For myself, I am pleased with how Terry Francona manages and how he has kept a beat up Cleveland squad winning while they wait for injuries to heal. What looked desperate in early August now looks comfortable.

The MLB schedulers always seem to make things competitive at this time of year, the right Teams seem to each be playing each other. Who do you root for?? Do you think your Team will get into the playoffs?? What "prospects" has your Team brought up that we should watch??? And finally, do you care to make a World Series prediction??

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2017 3:16PM

I assume that you are referring to the other Mark, from Detroit.

Best I might muster is listening to a WS game 7 on the radio if I have a good magazine to read during the 4 slow hours.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Tigers traded JD Martinez, Alex Aviala, Justin Wilson, Justin Wilson, and Justin Upton. They shed near 100 million in salary and picked up over 10 prospects in the process. Some #1-3 rated prospects. Yes keets it's probably not a stretch to say they are rebuilding. They got the number 1 pitcher in the 2017 draft. They will have a high pick in 2018.

I would love to see LA vs Boston in the WS. But you can never count out any of the 12 teams that make the tourney. Cleveland will be a tough out for anybody. If they won it would make me happy.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

and no I have no interest in regular season games. I catch an inning or two here and there but that's all I can take. It was the same when the Tigers were dominating the Central

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minnesota Twins have two very good starting pitchers, good defense, speed and a few guys who can hit. Certainly NOT the best team out there, but in the playoffs they have enough to make a run if their top two, Santana and Berrios get/stay hot. Byron Buxton is one amazing player when he hits!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

two days and counting, I am excited for the man. he'll soon be watching!!! :p

• Options

I'm in!!!

m

• Options
    edited October 1, 2017 2:14PM

I'll be watching the Yanks vs. the Twins on Tuesday, I hope it isn't an early start. win or lose I expect to see Aaron Judge hit his first of many post-season HR's. it should be a good game and I expect it to be close.

Go Minnesota!!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pulling for Minnesota Tuesday night, only because I'm from Boston...that explains that.

I'm not one to follow draft picks, this and that, I just enjoy the excitement of the game.

Terry Francona got trashed by Red Sox management after he pulled off two WS wins, the 2004 (MIRACLE) and 2007. So, I'm pulling for the Indians, assuming the Red Sox come up short, which I think they will. I hate to be on the fence about the Red Sox, but I just don't think they have that "cowboy up" thing going this year. Devers, Benintendi, Betts and JBJ jr could make it happen...we'll see. Just so long as the Yankees lose. :)

Indians vs Dodgers

• Options

during today's Indians game the announcers were talking about the upcoming Houston vs. Boston series. they summed it up nicely when they said Houston probably has the advantage because of home field, but that the Red Sox will "show up" when it counts, so expect it to go five games.

a short series with days off makes for some good matches!!