Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

**2003 Finest Basketball Box Break is ON!!!** BREAK IS CLOSED!! -- ALL PACKS SHIPPED OUT

slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

WHAT: 2003 Finest Basketball Hobby Box -- The box is unopened and in its original Topps wrapping. The box is further broken up into three separate "Mini Boxes". Each Mini Box has 6 packs and each pack contains 5 cards.

When: The break will go live at 4pm Pacific time on Saturday 9/9/2017 (tomorrow as I am typing this). Reservations must be made after 4pm on 9/9 based on the forum time stamp.

Where: Make your reservations by posting on this thread. All reservations must be made in the thread. Feel free to PM me questions, but your reservations must be public record here.

Who: You!

Why: Because breaks are fun.

How: Each CU member gets a chance to reserve 2 packs per 24 hours. After every 24 hours each CU member is eligible to purchase 2 more packs. If a member manages to reserve 6 packs during the break, they will receive all 6 packs in the form of a sealed Mini Box. The remaining packs of the break will come out of the remaining Mini boxes.

Each pack will be $45 PP net to me (so sending as PP Friends & Family = $45, PP Goods/Invoice will run $47 to cover PP Fees). The $45/pack cost includes the pack and shipping costs no matter how many packs you reserve.

These breaks are usually fun, so I hope we make this happen. Nothing like breaking a basketball box on opening weekend of the NFL season ;) .

RESERVATIONS

1. RyanAdmirer--PAID/Shipped
  2. RyanAdmirer--PAID/Shipped
  3. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  4. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  5. RipublicaninMass-- PAID/Shipped
  6. RipublicaninMass--PAID/Shipped
  7. OddRodz--PAID/Shipped
  8. OddRodz--PAID/Shipped
  9. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  10. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  11. 49ersGuy--PAID/Shipped
  12. Rtimmer--PAID/Shipped
  13. Rtimmer--PAID/Shipped
  14. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  15. flcardtrader--PAID/Shipped
  16. shu4040--PAID/Shipped
  17. SpinFadeSplash--PAID/Shipped
  18. SpinFadeSplash--PAID/Shipped

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** ORIGINAL THREAD POST BELOW

I have an unopened box of 2003 Finest basketball that I want to put out here as a box break. Topps Chrome may be the heavyweight, but Finest is an underrated basketball product for this time period in my opinion. The main hits would be refractors of Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Melo. Wade and Melo both have autographs in this product. Pictures of the box are below, so you can see how it is constructed. For this year, the main box was split into three mini boxes. Each mini box contains six packs and each mini box is supposed to yield on average 1 auto or relic card.

As for pricing, BBCE has one on their website and the last I checked it was at $1050 for the box. For this box break, I am thinking of $45/pack delivered. At that price point you would be looking at a total shared box price of $810. Please PM or post on here with any interest in having this break.

Steve

Comments

• Options

I'm down.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

in

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Would be in for 2

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

would be in for 2 as well.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

I'd be in for two

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options

As I think about this more wouldn't it be best to just do the 3 mini boxes? Each would be $270.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Does this mean you thought about this once earlier, then thought about it again a second time later ? Or are still continually thinking about it ?

• Options

@OddRodz said:
    Does this mean you thought about this once earlier, then thought about it again a second time later ? Or are still continually thinking about it ?

I don't know, let me ponder that a moment.

If there are enough packs to go around could I please change my request to 6 which should give me a mini box?

• Options

That's not a bad approach :) Depending on other interest, could so the same.

• Options
    edited September 8, 2017 8:49PM

Hey, thanks for posting the interest on the break here guys. It looks like we have enough interest to give this thing a shot. As for breaking the box as three mini boxes or 18 packs, I am down to do it however it appeals to the masses. I do think that including more members fits the spirit of board breaks the best. Since there are five people who have expressed interest (with possibly some more members who are watching but haven't posted interest yet) and there are only three mini boxes I am inclined to start the break off by the pack. I will post official rules shortly, but there will be a two pack limit per member for the first 24 hours. After 24 hours, slots open up again for 2 more packs per member and repeat that after 48 hours. If there is anybody who is able to reserve 6 packs in this break, they will receive a sealed mini box. The remaining mini boxes will be opened and the packs split amongst those who reserved packs.

I will edit the title of this thread and post official guidelines to the break in the edited first post. I will open the break tomorrow afternoon around 4pm Pacific time.

Steve
  • Options

i'm in for at least 1 pack.

Question. I just read there are redemption cards. what would happen if you hit a Lebron redemption? lol

• Options
    edited September 9, 2017 12:17AM

@49ersGuy said:
    i'm in for at least 1 pack.

Question. I just read there are redemption cards. what would happen if you hit a Lebron redemption? lol

I am pretty sure redemptions are expired so you would have a nice keepsake if you hit a redemption :'( . Lebron should not have a redemption though as he did not sign for Topps. I believe he is was an Upper Deck exclusive from his start in the league. The big hit cards in this set should all be live as the biggest hits (IMO) are the RC refractors for the key future HOFers (Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Carmelo). I believe Wade, Carmelo and Bosh all have autographs in the set. Lebron does not.

Steve
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2017 4:02PM

Testing for time stamp.

ETA: The break is live. Thanks to all who participate.

Steve
  • Options

Please put me down for 2 packs. Thanks for doing this Steve!

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

2 please and thanks for organizing.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

2 please. Thanks again

• Options

thanks man.. in for two.

• Options

Updated through OddRodz. One mini box filled and a third of the way through a second. Thanks guys!

Steve
  • Options

2 more works for me.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

Don't forget me!

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Why not, I will go for 2 too.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

@49ersGuy said:
    Don't forget me!

Will not forget about you. But I do need clarification. Is this a reservation, and if so for one or two packs? Thanks.

Steve
  • Options

Please out me down for 6 packs, 2 for 9/9, 2 for 9/10, and 2 for 9/11.

Thanks Slum

• Options

@Cakes said:

Thanks Slum

@Cakes: You are down for 4. The first time anybody can reserve the fifth and sixth packs will be today at 4pm. Please check in then to see if there are packs left. It looks like it is close to being filled.

Steve
  • Options

Thanks to everyone who has reserved packs. As of now the break is full, but please feel free to post if you would like to be put on the waitlist. I have not heard from 49ersGuy yet about how many packs he wants. In his interest post he said he wanted at least 1, but he did not specify in his reservation post how many he wanted. I have held two slots for him for now, but if he does not want 1 (or both) packs I will start a wait list to take his place. I have sent him a PM and he has 24 hours from now to respond and then his slot(s) will go to the waitlist. Thanks to all. Be prepared for PM's on payment directions when the break is officially full. It should happen today or tomorrow (pending confirmation from 49ersGuy) at the latest. Thanks again,

Steve

Steve
  • Options

@slum22 said:

@Cakes said:

Thanks Slum

@Cakes: You are down for 4. The first time anybody can reserve the fifth and sixth packs will be today at 4pm. Please check in then to see if there are packs left. It looks like it is close to being filled.

Okay it's after 4 now did I secure packs 5 & 6? Thanks, BC

• Options
    edited September 11, 2017 3:54PM

@Cakes said:

@slum22 said:

@Cakes said:

Thanks Slum

Okay it's after 4 now did I secure packs 5 & 6? Thanks, BC

I sent you a PM as well, but I will post here too just in case. It is defined in the original post but I should have been clearer in my reply to your post. The 24 hour limit on packs rolls over every 4pm Pacific time. As it stands, the earliest anybody can claim packs 5 and 6 would be in about 8 minutes according to my phone. Hope you get the PM or this message in time. Of course, if 49ersGuy claims his packs then it will be sort of moot anyway as the break is currently filled pending his response. Thanks again for taking part.

Steve
  • Options

I would be in for 2 more if they are available.

Payment instructions work too!

Thanks again for organizing.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options

one pack for me

• Options
    edited September 12, 2017 12:54AM

Thanks to all who participated. We are officially full now that 49ersGuy has officially claimed one pack, flcardtrader has moved from the waitlist to fill the 18th slot. PMs have been sent to everyone with payment information. Some have already paid (thank you for that). Please remember to PM me your shipping address so I know where to send your packs.

For all those who rip, please feel free to post your results in the thread! Let's see a Lebron Refractor!

Steve
  • Options

How did FL card trader get ahead of me? When I posted only SpinFadeSplash23 was ahead of me! I don't think I could have made it any clearer I was looking to get a mini pack and that was when there wasn't much interest in the break.

I am out, good luck to all.

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

i'm in for one, if someone bails. thanks.

• Options

shu you can have my 4 slots.

• Options

Figures this happens during Irma. I'll take a few if people back out.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

@Cakes said:
    How did FL card trader get ahead of me? When I posted only SpinFadeSplash23 was ahead of me! I don't think I could have made it any clearer I was looking to get a mini pack and that was when there wasn't much interest in the break.

Hey, I am sorry you did not get a mini box and that you are out on the box break. I know there was interest from different people in getting a full mini box. I did just send you a PM explaining how the break shook out. The gist is, in the spirit of a group board break there was a 2 pack limit for all members for each 24 hour period beginning 4pm on Sat. So the earliest anybody could reserve 6 packs was 4pm on Mon. Flcardtrader was the first to post the request after 4pm Mon. Anyway, sorry it didn't work out for us on this break. Thanks for taking part though.

Steve
  • Options

@shu4040 said:
    i'm in for one, if someone bails. thanks.

PM sent. You are on the waitlist. Please see PM on instructions.

Steve
  • Options

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:

Joe, it is good to see you post here. Glad it looks like you made it through Irma. I put you on the waitlist and will keep you posted if any packs fall to your spot. Hope all is well. Thanks.

Steve
  • Options

@slum22 said:

@Cakes said:

Hey, I am sorry you did not get a mini box and that you are out on the box break. I know there was interest from different people in getting a full mini box. I did just send you a PM explaining how the break shook out. The gist is, in the spirit of a group board break there was a 2 pack limit for all members for each 24 hour period beginning 4pm on Sat. So the earliest anybody could reserve 6 packs was 4pm on Mon. Flcardtrader was the first to post the request after 4pm Mon. Anyway, sorry it didn't work out for us on this break. Thanks for taking part though.

No hard feelings at all Slum I just really wanted to save the mini box. Happy collecting!

• Options

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:

I know right and you were first to respond, I think for this one it's reverse snake order or it's like Springsteen's song Tom Joad "Waiting for when the last shall be first and the first shall be last"

• Options

@Cakes said:

No hard feelings at all Slum I just really wanted to save the mini box. Happy collecting!

Glad to hear it. As it turns out, your move saved the mini box for flcardtrader and allowed SpinFadeSplash to come in after having missed the action due to Irma. I'm sure they appreciate your move. Thanks again and hope next time we get it done!

Steve
  • Options

@slum22 said:

@Cakes said:

Glad to hear it. As it turns out, your move saved the mini box for flcardtrader and allowed SpinFadeSplash to come in after having missed the action due to Irma. I'm sure they appreciate your move. Thanks again and hope next time we get it done!

Wait fla got a mini box, that doesn't seem right, that's all I was trying to get all along. Either way F it, it's not that big of deal.

• Options

Got my two packs.. Most excellent packaging :) Will rip and post results tomorrow afternoon at some point.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Did not participate but from the cheap seats it looks like starting a new thread for reserving packs would have been the best plan here.

Robb

• Options

One down

Ray Allen is cool :)

T.J Ford expired redemption isn't heh heh.

• Options

hmmm....... like my powerball tickets, I don't even get one of the numbers. :)

Lebron is going to be in one of those packs in the mini box Cakes was after.

Thanks Man.. you explained the rules perfectly as this went. Bummer a couple couldn't follow along properly :) All good here !!!

• Options

Adding, anyone want the contents of the two packs ? Post the name of the 4th song from the KISS ALIVE (1st one) album here, and send a PM with an address. ;)

• Options

Epic fail on my two, some patch card of (sha)Nene, and Pau Gasol

• Options

received my pack.

Keeping it unopened and right op top of the Topps Chrome pack i bought on here awhile back.

• Options

Sorry the rips haven't yielded any promising hits yet. @OddRodz, when I first saw the Rafer Alston card, I thought it was a Dwyane Wade card because of the Heat jersey, then I remembered that's not what his card looks like. I also forgot about the redemptions for next year's RC's. That was an interesting gimmick they used back then for Finest.

Steve
  • Options

Odd you must have got the packs meant for me!