Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1958 Topps FB box in REA! Holy cow

I just saw the preview in SMR.... how high will this go?

Comments

• Options
    fleet47fleet47 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Another unbelievable unopened wax box hits the auction market! I love just seeing this stuff.

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Let's hope that unlike another auction house REA took pics of more than six of the packs (and the backs of them too) before the box got wrapped....

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Just saw the ad--it appears they took pics of all the packs. Saw the sealed box and shipping carton at their booth at the national--the carton is amazing!!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@mikelowell25 said:
    Let's hope that unlike another auction house REA took pics of more than six of the packs (and the backs of them too) before the box got wrapped....

Out of curiosity why does pics of every wax pack matter? Other than overall condition. Cello I can understand. Thanks for the insight.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@mikelowell25 said:

Out of curiosity why does pics of every wax pack matter? Other than overall condition. Cello I can understand. Thanks for the insight.

Condition of the packs is paramount for a box of this magnitude.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2017 7:32AM

@grote15 said:

@secretstash said:

@mikelowell25 said:

Condition of the packs is paramount for a box of this magnitude.

Thanks I do agree. I had thought it was to look for HOFers. To note, they do have Jim Brown listed as showing on a pack.