Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tons of old cards from the early 90's... worth anything?

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a ton of baseball cards i collected in the early 90's. I think I have a box about the size of a large USPS priority mail box of lose cards and then a large 3 ring binder of cards in sheets. I have a lot of Mark McGwire cards from the late 80's early 90's...

Are there any good cards to look for in that time-frame? Any idea of what it might be worth? $50 for the lot?

Comments

• MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

No. probably less than $5 for the lot if you could even find a buyer. A few years ago I sold cards from this era baseball for one tenth penny/ card i.e. 1000 cards = $1 , and was grateful to get that. That said, always a few exceptions like the 1990 Topps No Name Frank Thomas but you'd have to do some research and very unlikely you'd have anything that big, maybe a dollar card or two at best

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your best bet may be to pull all the HOFers and trash the rest. I recently went through this exercise with cards from the '80's. I ended up with about 600 hall of famers and netted around $50 for them. I think '90's cards would do worse.

Daniel