Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New my set registry feature...

When I was adding a card to a set I had to agree to some new terms of the set registry. Once I did a new column under my sets shows up and the values from the SMR are now aggregated by set. It is obviously not accurate with the matrix pricing that is used for many cards but I thought it was pretty cool. It is interesting to see what the estimated values are of each set in print. The card I added I paid $257 and is at $28 in the guide so if you have lower pop registry sets it will be really on the low side. Either way a very cool feature and nice to see PSA continue to try and improve the collector experience. If you have sets loaded check it out.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started noticing it a while back as well. Mine are mostly the opposite though, SMR price is way higher than recent sales in the same grade and many of mine are so obscure there's no price listed.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a decent number that aren't listed too.

It has been been a few months since I have loaded any cards in so this was my first time seeing it and I had not read any other comments about it. I don't value my collection based on recent sales because I am not selling and quite frankly I couldn't unload it at those prices without impacting the market. Where it is probably as close to accurate as possible would be with a HOF card registry set where PSA tries to really stay on top of the cards in it.