Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any News On Next Month's Specials?

My pile of relatively low value cards continues to grow. Hoping like many there will be a good special on the horizon. Any word? I kind of suspect more of the same unfortunately.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

More of the same is my guess..

It is about time for me to just bite the bullet and do the $7 for 100+ bulk rate.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Any news?

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we're going to see yet another repeat of the last few months with respect to standard size single cards, it would be nice to see them vary up the "other" specials to keep things a bit more interesting by throwing in one for packs, and for T3/supersize holder cards, categories under which they are taking in a lower volume of material.

• Options

I was ,48 x 7 days last month to log

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I just saw it. 12 a card is the cheapest. Drats. I'm out again!

• Options

There are just making it more back logged. With people now going to the bulk rate cause the specials suck , They submit bigger quantities cause it's required

• Options

@firedawg45 said:
    There are just making it more back logged. With people now going to the bulk rate cause the specials suck , They submit bigger quantities cause it's required

Plus I think a lot of us are holding off from subbing until the bulk special comes down in price, and all our sub piles keep growing bigger over the months which might end up giving them another lump-sum style back log problem again.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I've continually got 150 or so ready to sub and trying to get 20-30 out every month at the $7 bulk rate (with others). If there's another $6-6.25 special (better yet a $5.75 Long Beach), they're all going in.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    Yep, I've continually got 150 or so ready to sub and trying to get 20-30 out every month at the $7 bulk rate (with others). If there's another $6-6.25 special (better yet a $5.75 Long Beach), they're all going in.

$5.75????? Wow! When did you last see that? I am approaching about 100 cards I'd love to send in ("nickel and dimers" so to speak) so that price would do the trick for me.

Matt

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2017 8:46AM

@Mefer said:

@LarkinCollector said:

$5.75????? Wow! When did you last see that? I am approaching about 100 cards I'd love to send in ("nickel and dimers" so to speak) so that price would do the trick for me.

Matt

It was for drop off only at the Long Beach show, think they did in once this year and I participated with a board member who was going last year.

ETA: Just checked my records, the last one I participated in at that rate was last September.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@firedawg45 said:

Plus I think a lot of us are holding off from subbing until the bulk special comes down in price, and all our sub piles keep growing bigger over the months which might end up giving them another lump-sum style back log problem again.

I've probably got a thousand cards sitting on the shelf right now. Never going to sub them for $12 and would only sub <100 of them at $7 price point.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@Mefer said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Matt

It was for drop off only at the Long Beach show, think they did in once this year and I participated with a board member who was going last year.

ETA: Just checked my records, the last one I participated in at that rate was last September.

That is a great deal. Too bad I can't make it to Long Beach next week (and, if I am being technical, that would defeat the cost savings as I would have to drive the distance, etc.!!!!!)

I will keep my fingers crossed for the next month or two.

• Options

@gemint said:

@miwlvrn said:

@firedawg45 said:

I've probably got a thousand cards sitting on the shelf right now. Never going to sub them for $12 and would only sub <100 of them at $7 price point.

+1

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

If you've got a hundred cards you're only talking about an extra $50 plus shipping vs the $6.50 special. It doesn't seem like a ton when you consider the cost of the cards themselves and the potential value add that the grades bring.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long beach show happening next weekend. No 5.75 special

Looking for FB HOF Rookies