Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does This Slab Look Okay?

Was wondering about this one. I guess my pics aren't too great. Curious what y'all might think of it.

Comments

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

its a 1 , why would anyone make a fake 1

it looks good

• Options
    AstrodomeAstrodome Posts: 35
    edited August 28, 2017 2:03PM

Cool. It did have frosty coloring on that bottom right and center bottom for examples. Mostly just trying to learn what's acceptable and what's not. They didn't have this newfangled gradin' stuff when I was a fifth-grader buying up all the 86 Fleer BkB (yay) and 87 Topps BB (not yay) on the shelves.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

"its a 1 , why would anyone make a fake 1"

Nope it is a 1 MC!!

• Options

Not sure what the LOL was for, but whatever.

• Options

@Astrodome said:
    Cool. It did have frosty coloring on that bottom right and center bottom for examples.

FWIW, I'm an old school guy who's new to grading and I can't consistently figure out when "frosting" is just part of the slab and when it means it may have been tampered with either. The label is supposed to be another giveaway, but the label on every PSA slab I have has a completely different font, placement, spacing, etc... and I have read three or so blogs/articles about this subject and can't understand why there's such varying opinions.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@Jimmy_Commonpants said:

@Astrodome said:
    Cool. It did have frosty coloring on that bottom right and center bottom for examples.

FWIW, I'm an old school guy who's new to grading and I can't consistently figure out when "frosting" is just part of the slab and when it means it may have been tampered with either. The label is supposed to be another giveaway, but the label on every PSA slab I have has a completely different font, placement, spacing, etc... and I have read three or so blogs/articles about this subject and can't understand why there's such varying opinions.

agree

• Options
    AstrodomeAstrodome Posts: 35
    edited August 29, 2017 12:03PM

edited- Never mind.