Home Precious Metals

Goldmart Problem? Has anyone order from Goldmart recently?

BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
edited August 25, 2017 11:29AM in Precious Metals

On 07/23/2017 I placed an order for 2 ASE's for $42.93. I have some store credit sitting on the account so I send them an e-mail asking to apply my store credit. I waited for 2 weeks, no reply. I then tried contracting them via live chat but no one is available. Live chat automatically turned into a ZenDesk ticket that went unanswered. I waited another 3 weeks and I tried calling them on the phone and it rang and rang then finally went to voicemail. So now more than 1 month went by with no one to talk to via e-mail, chat, or even telephone?

Anyone having the same issues I am having?

Successful BST transactions:
Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure doesn't sound good. I've bought from Goldmart in the past but nothing recently. Their web site seems to be active but after your post I won't be buying from them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Scooby would say "Ruh Roh"...

I too have ordered from them in the past with no issues, but your experience doesn't sound promising...

• silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

It's been years since I've ordered from Goldmart or SIlvertowne. They just don't make the cut, and provident is on thin ice. Too many other options out here to tolerate bad service.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silversiren said:
    It's been years since I've ordered from Goldmart or SIlvertowne. They just don't make the cut, and provident is on thin ice. Too many other options out here to tolerate bad service.

Who do you recommend or suggest? I've had good service from J M Bullion.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2017 5:32PM

@PerryHall said:

@silversiren said:

Who do you recommend or suggest? I've had good service from J M Bullion.

A few of the major dealers have ebay stores now and run weekly/daily specials that often end up being very close to spot or even below spot, especially when factoring in ebaybucks promotions. cashback sites like topcashback, befrugal, fatwallet, ebates, etc., and credit card bash back rewards. A quick list off the top of my head of dealers have done repeat businesses with via ebay when they have sales:
    Modern Coin Mart
    APMEX
    bay precious metals
    Bullion Exchanges
    Silvertowne (if you're going to buy from them, I would recommend sticking to their ebay store)
    There are also quite a few mid-sized dealers as well like liberty coin, pinehurst coins, etc. No risk of paying by cash or check and then watching the company fold, and orders generally ship WAY faster than when ordering directly from the dealer sites. Standard bullion like maples, eagles, libertads, britannias, buffaloes, krugerrands etc are routinely put on sale, as are the usual generic bars.

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billson
    If I were you I'd try again to spend the store credit on something else since if they file BK the credit may be worthless.

• BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2017 10:08AM

@KollectorKing said:
    @Billson
    If I were you I'd try again to spend the store credit on something else since if they file BK the credit may be worthless.

@KollectorKing that's exactly what I am trying to do, spend my store credit on 2 ASE's. The problem is I can't seem to get in touch with them. Back in 2012-2013 I spent over $2000 with them. Now, they won't reply to e-mails, chats, or phone calls. Maybe they are having "Cash flow" issues since they are not getting any actual cash from my purchase? Anyway, I think I am done with them; not worth my time dealing with them for $40.

Successful BST transactions:
    Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
    Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billson said:

@KollectorKing said:
    @Billson

@KollectorKing that's exactly what I am trying to do, spend my store credit on 2 ASE's. The problem is I can't seem to get in touch with them. Back in 2012-2013 I spent over $2000 with them. Now, they won't reply to e-mails, chats, or phone calls. Maybe they are having "Cash flow" issues since they are not getting any actual cash from my purchase? Anyway, I think I am done with them; not worth my time dealing with them for $40.

give it a final try: how about $40 for 90% or even 40% silver instead of gold? you might luck out since gold & 90% are more in demand than 40%. better to get something.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

good luck here with dbscoins.com.
    Have purchased mucho bullion from them with spectacular service. My #1 go to for volume purchases.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar