Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SP Jeter Opinions Wanted

The other night I got an impulse to bid on this card and I ended up winning. I don't know much about this set, but as you can see theres a glare in the upper left corner (and a ding, but I'm not worried about that). My questions is if that looks more like a finger print or if that was the design on the card. From some angles it looks fine, in others it looks like the scan below. Either way, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Can't really tell from the scan, but that card doesn't have any design on the upper corner. Is it possible its on the case?

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2017 1:03PM

I meant by that, is the foil finish meant to change shades/glares from different angles. I don't think it's the case. When I got it, I thought the glare came a photo flash....

There is a return policy, but I wanted to ask around first. I should've done a better job looking into other cards, and not just buying something on a whim

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

It looks to me like that corner might be slightly bent either up or down, causing the light to reflect differently.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

That card wouldn't get an 8 if the edge is bent or the foil is smudged that bad. This card is extremely tough to scan. It's foil background scans black. I just bought the best PSA 7 I could find on eBay and every one of the prospect cards I looked at, I asked for actual photos because you can't judge this card by scans alone.

How much did you get this card for? I'm in the market for an 8 but can only afford a 7 for now.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2017 11:34PM

Only thing that makes me weary is the inside of the case. Can’t tell if it’s been popped or not in this scan but it looks irregular and looks like a shard of the case is sticking out. (See my circled pic below). Would need a higher res pic. Also, the outside of the holder could be scratched. Again, could hard to tell from the scan and would need a pic. Here is a scan of my PSA 7. No real scuffs or scratches anywhere on the card and the surface scan comes up all black.

If the card you bought has a scuff or scratch that bad, there is no way it can be an 8.

myslabs.to/smzcards