Home Sports Talk

Wait till you see the recap of the Yankees/Detroit game today...8 ejected.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty crazy with at least 3 bench clearing incidents.

Comments

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw it. As Mgr. Joe Girardi stated "Boys will be boys". I wonder why at the start of the Cabrera/Romine dustup Romine removes his mask after getting shoved by Cabrera. You'd think he'd leave it on for facial protection from punches being thrown. The players do this too in football during a fight (removing their helmets).

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2017 5:38AM

Cabrera was the instigator this time. He didn't even get hit and he is crying like a baby. He is heading towards an ARod like exit. His productivity is way down this year. It started after Sanchez got plunked after hitting his 4th homer in the series.

In the previous series between the two clubs the Yankee pitchers were wild and the Detroit center fielder got hit twice in one game, once in the head by Kahnle. So this feud has some history. Betances hit another guy in the head yesterday so I'd bet this one lasts into next year as well. I don't like when players get hit in the head. It's just wrong.

Edit to state Kahnle hit guy in head last series

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never cared for Cabrera. He baited the Yankees and they will be the team that loses. Tigers like to do their share of hitting batters. If Rondon was still pitching for the Tigers he would have been in the middle of it too.

I just looked up Cabrera's contract. 6 more years at almost $30M/yr. He is a league average player this year based on performance. 256 avg, 13HR, 56 RBI.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

The game overall meant much more to the Yankees than the Tigers, who are 15 back and done.

So, I wonder how flip Girardi will be when the suspensions are handed out by MLB...especially the cheap shot punch by Sanchez (I believe he was the one punching a Tiger player on the ground). From what I saw, several players could have ended up with serious season ending injuries or worse. Here come the fines and suspensions...which won't be overtuned or reduced. Girardi won't be saying "boys will be boys" when that shoe drops. Only 36 games left, not much room for miscues.

According to FanGraph, the Red Sox are at 91.6% to win the division, and the Yankees at 76.8% to winning a wild card. However, they still have 4 with the Yankees in NY, after that, a 9 game road trip. I still think the 4 game season finale in Fenway against the Astros may be a very key series...all the more reason the Red Sox need to pile up wins.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2017 11:38AM

@dbtunr said:
    Cabrera was the instigator this time. He didn't even get hit and he is crying like a baby. He is heading towards an ARod like exit. His productivity is way down this year. It started after Sanchez got plunked after hitting his 4th homer in the series.

In the previous series between the two clubs the Yankee pitchers were wild and the Detroit center fielder got hit twice in one game, once in the head by Kahnle. So this feud has some history. Betances hit another guy in the head yesterday so I'd bet this one lasts into next year as well. I don't like when players get hit in the head. It's just wrong.

Edit to state Kahnle hit guy in head last series

Not even close to reality. Cabrera wasn't even upset about the pitch and shrugged it off. He didn't really react to the brush back. It was Romaine's yapping that set him off. Even the Yankees announcers commented to that fact.

Watch it again. Nothing worse then a Yankeee homer

The irony is that Sanchez will likely get the longest suspension. What a punk azz move on his part

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Cabrera is a big talker. He was talking last series. He made Fulmer retaliate. He's talking this series. He talks like a guy hitting .400 even though he's hitting .258

agree on Sanchez. Why punch with your throwing hand to boot while the guy is down?

Cabrera got 7 games, Romine 2, and Sanchez 4. Maybe Sanchez appeals so he can catch the next two games, then he takes his after that. The Yankees got off easy.

@dbtunr said:
    Cabrera got 7 games, Romine 2, and Sanchez 4. Maybe Sanchez appeals so he can catch the next two games, then he takes his after that. The Yankees got off easy.

Agree.

Cabrera always talks its who he is. He has been the best hitter on the planet the last 10 years. I'll cut him a little slack. Next year will be interesting for him

FYI- this is the first Yankee team in decades I can honestly say I don't hate ; )

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited August 26, 2017 11:57AM

Interesting article. This writer addressing a time honored issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ugly-evidence-may-signal-intent-yankees-tigers-brawl-062504585.html

mark

@Justacommeman said:
    Interesting article. This writer addressing a time honored issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ugly-evidence-may-signal-intent-yankees-tigers-brawl-062504585.html

mark

He's been wild the last 2 months and has had terrible control issues. I think he just sux right now

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Saw it. As Mgr. Joe Girardi stated "Boys will be boys". I wonder why at the start of the Cabrera/Romine dustup Romine removes his mask after getting shoved by Cabrera.

Romine took his mask off before getting shoved. The guys on MLB Network all interpreted that as a challenge to Cabrera to fight. Then Miggy shoved him.