Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1974 Topps BB Rip

Decided to start videoing my occasional rips. Also planning to do some group rips so wanted to make sure I can post video.

Pulled from my 76 stack...but turned out to be a 74.

It does not have the production quality or sound effects of PackGeek, but hey...it's a rip.

Thanks for watching

https://youtu.be/AIdzEuCxsl4

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

LOL. Indeed it did. That was not the Phillie we wanted.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Hard to tell the condition of that Hunter, other than the centering. Too bad on the centering, as that is an $85.00 in a "9". Thanks for sharing.

PS. Put the camera down on your next rip and use TWO hands. Last thing I want to see is for you to pull a nice card and then friggin drop the card! LOL

THANKS FOR SHARING!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, Jim!

10c pack with 8 cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Very nice, Jim!

10c pack with 8 cards.

I wondered why there were so few cards. Any rarity premium on a smaller card pack or less valuable with fewer hit chances?

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing - always enjoy a video rip!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

One handed rip, loved it, thx for sharing!!! Some of those cards looked to be nice.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

@grote15 said:
    Very nice, Jim!

10c pack with 8 cards.

I wondered why there were so few cards. Any rarity premium on a smaller card pack or less valuable with fewer hit chances?

Topps did produce 15c packs with 12 cards late in the year in advance of the price increase that took effect in 1975. The 15c packs are tougher to find vs the 10c variation. In a quirky twist, Topps also reused this wrapper variation in 1976, the same year they also tested 10c packs again, which contained 7 cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

74 still tugs at the heart strings!! First cards I collected, could buy 10 packs for a dollar!!

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Great rip Jim! Reminds me of the 74 pack I ripped for my birthday last year. My 74 pack had 4 of the 8 as traded which sucked and no star power, but hey, it was fun! Continue to film the rips, I love them!

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Jim thank you for sharing its always fun to watch a pack rip.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Jim

Did miss the sound effects buddy.

Sure was hoping for something really good - thanx for posting - as usual - very entertaining.

Mike
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2017 10:55AM

can't decide if i was more mesmerized by whats in the pack or you unwrapping one-handed...like some vegas card or chip stacking trick....u done this before? ha

The ryan fooled me in two ways....
    1. right name wrong color for nolan
    2. right color and very familiar stance for mike schmidt.....winner, winner..sorta

thanks for sharing...giving me the bug now

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image