Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Inherited raw 1795 Flowing $1 ends up PCGS VF25 and at DLRC

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 17, 2017 6:08PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Heck of a story and a hell of a coin. You can read about it here:
Is this a Real 1795 Silver Dollar?

Now a PCGS VF25 in DLRC auction: davidlawrence.com/rare-coin

Edit: For the record this is not my coin. But I wish it was.

Comments

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say 'genuine' in your title - I think of a details holder. Yours graded. Congratulations.

I'd replace 'genuine' with 'VF25' on your title.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow - heck of an inheritance!
    I was almost hoping when I opened the thread that it got certified 'genuine' ie details grade,
    so I could have a chance at buying it for lower cost than graded specimen. I'd like to get one some day, but they are expensive.
    Best of luck with the auction!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting that the owner said it was going in the SD box for future generations then a month later it is up for sale....

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

This auction ends this Sunday (08/27) for those who missed the initial post.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on the grade and what a nice inheritance!

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny