Home Q & A Forum
Options

buffalo nickel complete set value

What would a complete set of buffalo nickels in good condition be worth and where could it be safely bought ? I don't wont to get ripped off! thanks

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2017 9:02AM

This is hard to answer. First you'll need to determine what "complete" means to you. If you include the 1916 doubled die that single coin will start at well over $1000 if you can find one. There are several other expensive coins in low grade. It will possibly be hard to find a complete set already in a holder unless a dealer finds one for you. IMO, you'll have more fun buying an empty folder and filling it a few coins at a time. You may wish to push the grade up to at least VG as the coins will look nicer and will not break the bank. Have fun.

PS If it is allowed (I don't know), why not ask if anyone here has a set for sale?

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean "good" as in "nice condition" or the grade G4? I have an album with a number of buffalo nickels as I have built/upgraded my set over the years. This includes some key dates like the 21-S and 26-S. Send me a message on here.