Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Who is selling statehood quarters - business strike PCGS holdered ?

I wanted to get a few in MS67

Doug

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondercoins?
    Datentype?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doug: Check out my son's listings on ebay. His ebay name is "monstercoinmart". He also just got in some very nice North Dakota "D" coins in MS67 (true business strikes) that may not have been listed yet. If that is one that you might want, just let him know.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok sounds great. Do you want to PM me his e-mail address too? You know I haven't seen him since he was about 8 at a FUN show, lol. I'm feeling old.

Doug
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

justin@monstercoinmart.com

Felling old ... me too!!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Thanks. I found it very surprising how many of the later dates are missing from eBay.

Doug
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not realize how few of these ended up being graded! I never followed the series but did make an Alaska quarter in 66 & 67 back in 2008 when they came out. Only 221 in all grades and 171 of them at MS67. None on Ebay right now, must not be much of a following. Also not much value looking at the price guide, I have more in grading fees than they are worth :o:o Just found this as interesting.

Looks like you may have your source!

• Options

Exactly!! Very odd. I guess the State Quarters fizzled after the first five years as far as getting slabbed.

Doug
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@DMWJR said:
    Exactly!! Very odd. I guess the State Quarters fizzled after the first five years as far as getting slabbed.

Always searching and grading... Lot's to keep up with these days :)

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@AllCoinsRule said:
    There was some controversy in 2006 or 2007 when pcgs changed the registry from allowing satin finish for 2005, 2006 etc to a set that required business strikes. Of course the latter is better, but changing the "rules of the game" in the middle of it certainly did not go over well. "High price registry coins" had already peaked and were on their way down, and grading standards were getting so tight that it was almost impossible to get graded a business strike quarter in ms68. (I was probably the only moron who kept trying. I have most 2005-2008 quarters in ms67 or better but never did get graded my own ms68. My ms67s blow away some ms68s, especially those graded from 2000-2002 or so).

And then add in the Satin Finish coins labeled as Business Strike, :/
    I still have a few of the ND 25c's that are SF in MS holders... Picked them up to get them off the market.

• Options

I'm glad the stopped with the Satin Finish. I have a group on eBay's now no takers at less than $10/slab

Doug