Home Sports Talk
Options

Elliott suspended 6 games

2»

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally someone (Judge) saw this for the farce that it is! WTG!

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

Probably see the (cough cough) judge in jerry's stadium box tonight.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

Elliott will just have to serve the suspension next season. Again pretty sad that unless the abuse is on video sports fans will delude themselves into thinking their player did nothing wrong.

Robb

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adrian Peterson lost an entire year because he disciplined his own child. He went way over the top and many consider it child abuse, but the court didn't think so.

You should consider Elliot lucky.

I don't think either of these suspensions are/were fair.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Adrian Peterson lost an entire year because he disciplined his own child. He went way over the top and many consider it child abuse, but the court didn't think so.

My problem with this case or any case like it.........is that unless there are witnesses or it is on tape like Rice......it looks to be a scheme to extort money from players with money. If it really did happen why doesn't she have a case and take it to court. You are innocent until proven guilty. Players are not above the law, but they should have the same rights we do. The commish doesn't have the right to play God.

Bottom line to me is that if he did it he should be punished and if he didn't she should be punished for extortion.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

Let's be clear - he pled guilty to a crime and has a conviction on his record. The "court" didn't make any decisions.

Regardless, you pound on your toddler with a weapon until he's bloody and bruised, you're a child abuser.

• Options

That's not the point I was trying to make. Elliot could have gotten a LOT longer of a suspension.

Let's be clear-Peterson was neither convicted nor plead guilty to child abuse.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:

My problem with this case or any case like it.........is that unless there are witnesses or it is on tape like Rice......it looks to be a scheme to extort money from players with money. If it really did happen why doesn't she have a case and take it to court. You are innocent until proven guilty. Players are not above the law, but they should have the same rights we do. The commish doesn't have the right to play God.

Bottom line to me is that if he did it he should be punished and if he didn't she should be punished for extortion.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. However, in this day and age a person is often guilty until proven innocent and then STILL believed to be guilty.

Unfortunately the commish has the right to play God here, and he seems to enjoy it. Most likely to be politically correct.