Home Stamps Forum

PLEASE give your opinion on what these could be worth? Strange coil franklins?

Comments

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the 1c Franklins are coils. They look to me like the bottom four stamps from a 6-stamp booklet pane. Coils are generally horizontal or vertical strips of single stamps that are imperforate either along the top and bottom or on each side.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

SO THESE COULD BE MADE FROM COIL WASTE???

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the heck is coil waste?

• They are worth what a person is willing to pay for them and not a penny more.
    I have learnt this in all the 52 years as a stamp collector

• WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Sounds like this is a big COIL WASTE of my time

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

A double roll coil would have been an interesting way to sell stamps.

Obviously, whoever mounted them assumed that anything with an imperforate edge was a coil. Booklet...coil...potato...potahto.

• @oz_in_ohio said:
    They are worth what a person is willing to pay for them and not a penny more.
    I have learnt this in all the 52 years as a stamp collector****

well said oz, not sure if 52 years qualifys me as a young collector, wait a minute...im not even been alive 52 years yet, k?

"Making Friends Along The Way, With A Tip Of The Hat"

• BeReal81BeReal81 Posts: 3
    edited January 24, 2018 12:34AM

I am trying to get an opinion as to whether or not I should send this off (the off white stamp) to have looked at as a possible coil? Any informed advice is very much welcomed and appreciated... thanks in advance.
    P S. The other 3 are Scott 552

• back view

• a closer comparison... the lighter 3 are Scott 552

• so I got a bunch of postcards from 1920's in 1930s with the $0.01 Benjamin that were looking 4 I found really good information on Scott 596 and Scott 594 at Bardostamp.com and at siegelauctions.com &then go to the siegel census 1 cent Benjamin Franklin 594 & 596 hope this helps. I don't know even what to do with mine I have so many of them and I don't have money to invest even to get a perforation guide ruler. so I'm going to focus on my toned Lincoln cents that are insanely beautiful.