Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

parthia artabanus 10-38 a d silver drachm ecbatana

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2017 5:02PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

At least that's what I was told this is , hmm. Most of my post got deleated so I'll try again.
Is this worth grading here at pcgs? I really like the trueviews.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

(VERY belated reply):

Nice Parthian coin! Love the toning!

The answer is yes, it WOULD be worth submitting, IF they would grade it, but that is an ancient coin and alas, PCGS does not do ancients. That would need to go Across The Street, where they DO grade ancients.

But most collectors of ancient coins will tell you that they shouldn't be slabbed anyway.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow

Artabanus III

For me no Trueview would compare to having that beauty in hand

It has everything going for it

Congrats

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am loving that profile. I would have loved to be in the room when that die was engraved. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018 7:58AM

Wow, this was posted so long ago I almost forgot I posted this. Thanks @lordmarcovan and everyone else
    for the reply. I guess I will go ahead and submit. Even if its just for the preservation of the coin so it doesn't get damaged and mine as well get it true viewed.
    .ps.......I have seen a few ancients in Pcgs slabs. I wonder why that is?

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2018 2:56AM

I think the only ancients you will see in PCGS slabs will have been from bulk submissions for some promotional purpose (though of course I could be mistaken). I doubt you will see any that were graded? Let me know, though. I have a Sasanian piece and some other ancients about to go off to NGC.

Sasanian Empire: silver drachm of Khusrow II; fire altar; struck 611 AD

As a matter of fact, I was Googling around to see what examples of PCGS-graded (or at least slabbed) ancients I could find, and your coin here came up in the image search results, which is what brought me back over here to my old familiar stomping grounds.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.