Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

German Weimar Proof mintages

Where can these be found? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2017 5:17AM

This is the best source I've seen: gietl-verlag.de/sonderheft-pp-muenzen/buchdetail/558/1/0/2.html It handles all of the weimar regular issues, but doesn't cover all of the commemoratives. I think it only covers the popular oak tree proofs.

GIetl Verlag will ship to the US if you inquire directly with them. A few German coin dealers might have it in their inventory and would include it in a purchase if you were already buying from them. I have a copy if you want me to look something specific up for you.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭

Try the PCGS pop reports. Some have links to Tru-View images.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you both. A friend has a Rhineland 5 Mark Proof. I think Berlin mint, not sure. He was curious, so I looked through my Jaegers of yesteryear and found nothing. I don't remember if MoneyTrend ever listed them. I will check those when I find my copies. I keep way too much and can't find when I want something.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2017 6:05AM

Accurate proof mintages in any of the eras prior to the Bundesrepublik Deutschland are pretty uncommon. It's entirely probable that it's not officially documented. If you talk to a long-time Weimar Commemorative collector or dealer, they can likely give you some thoughts on the relative rarity and value of the coin.

"Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options

Thank you.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2017 8:23PM

The only date with a recorded mintage is the 1925E with 226 examples. The price guide value for that date is 400 euro. All of the date/mms are in the 300-500 euro range. It would suggest that they all have similar mintages, likely in the range of 100-1000 pieces.

• Options

Thank you.

• Options
    1509eric1509eric Posts: 43 ✭✭

All I found was issued 600.00 from all mints, include proof issues, but not specific how many proof coins. A Mint Berlin 325,140.

http://www.muenzenwert.de/Muenzkatalog/Deutschland/Weimar/Gedenkmuenzen/5_Mark/5_Mark_1930_C596.html

collector from Germany
  • Options

Thank you.