Home Sports Talk
Options

I had no idea

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Diamondbacks are 17 games over .500 and trail the Dodgers by 14 games. I had no idea that the Dodgers have won 43 of their last 50 and I live in LA

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know that Bo Belinsky retired?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know that either, but I don't follow baseball very close. Last time I heard the Cubs are leading their division....barely.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Did you know that Bo Belinsky retired?

He's on my softball team

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no idea the Diamondbacks even had a winning record. Too bad they're not in a different division.

Daniel
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    The Diamondbacks are 17 games over .500 and trail the Dodgers by 14 games. I had no idea that the Dodgers have won 43 of their last 50 and I live in LA

mark

Lol. I always tell people LA is just a different place when it comes to sports. I love LA but it's not the best sports town. Nor Cal is a touch better but the whole state pales compared to most of the rest of the country in terms of level of interest in sports teams. They are just clowning teams right now. Hopefully Kershaw can come back strong AND stay strong through the post season. Need to end the world series drought.

• Options

Ya the reporting of the weather and how nice it will be 7 days at a time take center stage in LA

m

• Options

The Dodgers have won 19 straight series

mark

• Options

Dodgers and Cubs NL Champs series?????

• Options

The Dodgers have the best record in BB and 3 teams in their Division have a better record than the CUBS!

• Options

The Dodgers are 49 games over .500

m

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2017 8:45PM

They are on pace to challenge the 2001 Mariners who won 116 games. Hopefully, they do better in the postseason than that team did, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even the Angels are challenging for a wildcard.
    What's going on in La La land?

• Options

@Darin said:
    Even the Angels are challenging for a wildcard.
    What's going on in La La land?

The apocalypse is near

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry to divert, but I have to ask Mark a question. i've heard that the vibe in LA surrounding the Chargers is apathetic at best.

does anyone know care they're around?

• Options
    edited August 16, 2017 8:57PM

@galaxy27 said:
    sorry to divert, but I have to ask Mark a question. i've heard that the vibe in LA surrounding the Chargers is apathetic at best.

does anyone know care they're around?

What is this Chargers that you speak? Total apathy. We are still waiting for the Rams to get here. When are they coming?

The best think about living in LA being from the the East coast is the games you want to watch start at 11:00 am local time. As a LA guy I start my day with yoga at 9am followed by a dip in pool and then gluen free waffles and beer in front of the outdoor TV. At 1:30 you are done with football and you have the whole day in front of you still

I've lived in many places on the globe on the whole I love it here

m