Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ANA Show Denver

Thinking about going tomorrow. Did anybody go today (Thursday)? How was it?

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not there, but my friends who are serious collectors went there Tuesday. Friday is a bit late for this show unless it's convenient for you.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    NLLNLL Posts: 34

I'm going to go today. I have never been to a show before so it should be fun!

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭

I decided to go check it out, since it's just a bus ride for me. It was a mixed bag. There was a lot of wheeling and dealing, like at many shows. As a collector / customer, I felt like a third wheel at several tables, where it seemed my interest in the pieces was a big inconvenience to the guy behind the table. One dealer with some very nice raw British shooed me away and closed down without any notice, having just made some big trade with a well-known US-based world coin dealer who I will not name. I was prepared to buy a coin off him, but walked away because of the attitude. During my travels around the floor, only Atlas and Sovereign Rarities gave me the time of day. Good folks at those tables!

I still like collecting, but this show reminded me of what I don't like about it.

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Dealars complain about shows, but will always turn away someone who they don't want to deal with for whatever reason. Par for the course I'd say. Thanks for the review.