Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Zealand

Does anyone here New Zealand? I was wondering what the market is like for this material. There seems to be a fair amount of it from the 40's available on the west coast--I assume brought back during or after the war._

Comments

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2017 11:26AM

I collected a bunch of pre-decimals (1/2-cent & above) a couple decades ago. l'd be interesting to know if there's much of them floating around anymore........

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I emailed this site to an acquaintance in NZ.... maybe he can answer this. I don't think he's on here as of yet

• Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Zealand coins are, of course, quite popular in New Zealand. They're also quite popular here in Australia; back in the 1970s and 1980s, it was quite common around here to collect "Australasian" and not just "Australian".

The local popularity of NZ coins may be underestimated if eBay offerings are used as a primary source of market information. That's because New Zealand is one of the few English-speaking countries left in the world where eBay is very much a secondary online marketplace; TradeMe is still king over there, and anyone in NZ selling NZ coins online is likely going to be selling them on TradeMe.co,nz rather than eBay.co.nz.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭

Sapyx: Thanks for the heads-up re: the TradeMe.co.nz site!! Awesome!