Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2017 bowman blaster boxes

I purchased two 2017 Bowman baseball blaster boxes from Walmart. The boxes said each box comes with eight packs 10 cards per pack. I got on average 5 to 6 cards per pack, with nothing but base cards. The boxes were sealed and do were the packs. Has anybody else heard of any issues?

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

Sorry to heat this.

I opened a few boxes and didn't have that experience.

Unfortunately it's tough to take that up with Topps but I would consider just giving a call to Topps customer service.

You should've got a combination of base, BP's, BCP's; inserts like ROY favorites, Scouts top 100, Talent Pipeline, Bazooka and Bowman style card inserts, anniversary stamped past Bowman cards and perhaps an auto card - I think I bought a total of 4 blasters maybe 5? And did get 2 auto cards Weigle and #30/99 Groome.

Now, this was a long time ago - but I bought a 1994 Topps box back in the day which had the Mantle reprints - got none.

I called them up and said there should've been a least 2 to 3. They did sent me a few.

If you call? Ask for Andy if he works in the same division - I had trouble with a Judge redemption card and he fixed it for me.
    Tell him Mike Rothstein who recently called about a Judge auto redemption from San Antonio told me to talk to him.
    I found the guy to be awesome!

Mike
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I had the same problem with 2017 heritage i was buying at walmart, almost like the blaster boxes were searched and resealed by someone at walmart. I called topps and said they would send me a care package, it hasant arrived yet. keep yea posted.

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

Very Frustrating

• Options

@Elynn said:
    Very Frustrating

Did you go back and see if they had any more?

If so - carefully examine the box - then go to the manager and show how "if" it was tampered with?

The way these things are sealed? It seems it would be hard to make them look that good IMO.

Mike
  • Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

It was the last 2 . The packs didn't seem to be tampered with. 1 chrome card total in both boxes and the rest just base. Every pack was short, and in some cases just 5 cards. I got a total of 103 cards out of the 2 boxes

• Options

@Elynn said:
    It was the last 2 . The packs didn't seem to be tampered with. 1 chrome card total in both boxes and the rest just base. Every pack was short, and in some cases just 5 cards. I got a total of 103 cards out of the 2 boxes

Recommendation?

Take a pic of the pile - show what little you got as evidence and I'm sure they will come up with something.

Over the years, I have returned a mess of damaged cards to Topps and have always felt like I got value for my time and effort.

Good luck.

Mike
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I noticed 2017 bowman chrome baseball presale hobby box on ebay. I also saw a lot of 2017 bowman chrome individual card already for sale. How is that possible? I don't buy new product. I collect pre 90's cards. This should explain my confusion. Thanks.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

My older brother gave me a couple of 2007 Topps Baseball blaster boxes a few years ago. They were sealed and I opened one box and just received base cards, not a single insert!!

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Firedawg45, what was your experience with Walmart Heritage Blasters? Were you short cards or just not getting any inserts, etc? Or both?

I have opened a couple dozen Walmart Blasters and found them to be mostly base cards. I chalked it up to how Topps distributed the better cards and left it at that.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

Yes walmart blasters were horrible on my end, all base cards with a few chrome. I was never short cards but never pulled a sp action, error, color swap, etc from over 50 blasters. From what topps was saying the hobby boxes have the high end stuff, that was directly what they told me. Kinda seems unfair, its like I never had a chance period.

• Options

I've bought the following 2017 blaster boxes at Wal-Mart and Target and had no issue with getting just base cards: DK, Topps Archives, Topps Heritage and Stadium Club. Bought hobby boxes of regular Topps and Bowman(on line), no blasters though.

I see people keep posting "I got mostly base cards and a few chromes". I think that's what you should have expected. You should average at least one "non-base card" per pack. Read the side of the box regarding the odds of particular cards. All you are going to get are "lower-end" inserts in most blaster boxes. There's like a 1:150,000 chance of getting anything "rare". I've gotten a "1 of 1" common and the A. Judge 59B mini insert, but the rest is typical parallels. The higher-end stuff goes in the hobby boxes. They aren't "secretive" about that and the reviews in Beckett tell you all this as well.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good info Jimmy, thank you.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I never thought about reading the box hmmmm ok. I was just saying what I experienced and what I know. But thanks anyway

• Options

on the Chrome side - I pulled a Rizzo 1/5 from a blaster.

Odds were like 3000 to 1 - I was lucky.

Yet, I almost have a complete set of chromes - less 10 cards and never pulled a Bellinger!

Mike
  • Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

I have pulled an auto from an Archives blaster but Heritage is all base. Very very few inserts.

Wonder what x equals for, x blaster boxes = 1 hobby box for Heritage

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too