Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Finally my turn to get burned on ebay . . . any recourse? UPDATE: I'M A MORON

detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Well, it took nearly 20 years, but if finally happened. About 1 month ago, I won 8 items from a respected seller on ebay totaling a bit over $600. All items were packaged in the same box and sent with the same tracking number. 7 of the items were in the box, the 8th, a $144 item, was missing. I contacted the seller, they replied relatively quickly asking me to "check again" (because their tracking # showed it delivered) and they would check on their end. After more than a week hearing nothing back, I asked ebay to intervene through their "dispute" system. Less than an hour later, I received an email from ebay saying the case is closed because the confirmation number said the item was delivered. Is it really this easy to lose $144 on ebay?

Thanks for any advice!

-Tom

Comments

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Did you pay by credit card?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

If they are a legitimate seller; ask them for a credit if item doesn't turn up on their end. If it was a psa card; see if they relisted same serial #. I would think they would value your business and try to accommodate you. Good Luck.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

Does the seller understand the issue? If you went through Ebay about not receiving an item all the sell likely did was check the tracking, saw it was delivered and told you to look around for it. Email them directly or better yet CALL them and mention the specific item you're missing and ask them to look around for it to see if it was missed when shipping out your order.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hope this works out for you. A bummer since we are talking about a $144 card.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses. Actually, it was 9 different lots of 1975 - 1979 hostess cards and panels. The item that was missing was a complete 1977 set. I had just contacted the seller again as KB had recommended and afterwards decided to take one less "inspection" of my card "area". The majority of the lots contained both panels and individual cards, so they were split between padded envelopes and a regular set box, and everything was then boxed together in a larger box. I was missing an entire set that was all singles (no panels), so it would have been in a set box. As I was looking, I recalled that my lovely wife had done some "straightening out" for me (another LONG story altogether). I took one look in the "other card area", and within 5 minutes had located the missing box.

So what we have learned here is that if you want to find something you that you thought you never received, post it for the world to see, then you will find it.

As a side note, I immediately received a nice note from the seller (NESC) telling me they were just returning from the National and would look into it. When I contacted them about 8 days ago, the response I received was that they showed the order delivered, but they would look into it. A combination of the National and me being an imbecile led to where we are.

So a happy ending, although I am still curious about ebay using delivery confirmation numbers to immediately side with the seller.

Thanks again,

Tom

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2017 9:48PM

the case being closed was due to "automatic-systematic checks and balances" bc it does show being "delivered".

• Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

Glad it worked out.

Not sure but I think the way to handle that situation is NAD and then parts missing (or something similar)