Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 topps psa 9's- What is going on?

First a Merv Rettenmund goes for $202,
now a Rick Burleson psa 9 sells for $223

If a 75 Bob Bailey, Del Unser, or Tom Grieve psa 9 goes for $200, I'm quitting the hobby!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Here comes the "correction"

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Those have always been hard cards. By contrast, Rick Miller PSA 9 routinely sold for $200-400 a few years ago, the last one sold for $136.50.

Enjoy your cardboard.

Not really. The Rettenmund has never been a tough card in 9. Pop of 112.
    Burleson a little tougher with a pop of 41.
    Low pop in psa 9 for the 75 set are 25 or under, and there aren't many of those left. Rusty Staub and a few others.
    I guess part of it could be the Red Sox and Reds effect. Those teams commons seem to go for more, but these prices
    are astronomical.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

72 Topps baseball is witnessing similarly strong results for higher end common cards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 75 Burleson is his Rookie Card - That could add to its "demand/price" because of Red Sox fans "competing" on various registry sets (he was also a "Fan Favorite" back in the day)
    Just my thought

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Those have always been hard cards. By contrast, Rick Miller PSA 9 routinely sold for $200-400 a few years ago, the last one sold for $136.50.

Enjoy your cardboard.

I thought your point was only referring to cards on the "List of Most Desirable"? Here you chose to comment on 1975 baseball cards because it might fit your "correction" comments. When I tried to ask you about the 1975 Gervin, you chose to ignore it. Point is, you don't have a valid point...because you pick and chose what fits and doesn't fit.

• Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭

The lack of true auctions makes a difference. As of this writing, there are 58 "auctions" on Ebay listed under 1975 Topps PSA 9, while in total there are 1062 listings. It seems a lot more difficult to build graded sets currently than in years past, unless you go the route of BIN's.

Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 10:20AM

@RookieWax said:

@CrissCriss said:

Enjoy your cardboard.

I thought your point was only referring to cards on the "List of Most Desirable"? Here you chose to comment on 1975 baseball cards because it might fit your "correction" comments. When I tried to ask you about the 1975 Gervin, you chose to ignore it. Point is, you don't have a valid point...because you pick and chose what fits and doesn't fit.

+∞