Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2017 Topps Chrome...who else is excited?

With the release(8/2) quickly approaching, I'm growing more excited about this set...I've got a few boxes on pre order before the prices explode...I can see these boxes being as popular as the heritage set

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

ok, why so excited? its a serious question....meaning, more judge cards? diff judge cards, rarity etc? thanks

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Already some cards showing up. A few more places should be getting it tomorrow and then boom Wednesday. This will be Bellinger's first autographed RC, along with the Judge. These will be hot.

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

2017 has been an exceptionally exciting year for baseball, and Topps Chrome is always full of autographed Refractor cards...and yes, more Judge cards lol

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

I'm excited for football season... which is when I'll probably look to buy my 2017 Topps Chrome baseball boxes (or won't, if prices don't come back down to earth). Probably just look to pick up some of the cards I want on eBay!

• Options

Judge auto is live, at least some of them.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭

Seems it's about $250 per box for the jumbo.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 12:54PM

• Options

The retail boxes contain special refractors that can only be found in retail, so i will be breaking a few of those as well

• Options

Hopefully I can grab some at my local Walmart tomorrow @ $20 each, before they get cleaned out like the heritage did

• Options

Guys on another board figured out that production actually increased by 25% this year. Yikes.

• Options

I just picked up a Jumbo for $230 delivered on Ebay. Going to bust it with my Dad. Can't wait!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

@pjb103183 said:
    Hopefully I can grab some at my local Walmart tomorrow @ $20 each, before they get cleaned out like the heritage did

they are $25 online without tax...similar price i guess but you dont have to fight the crowds

http://gotbaseballcards.com/2017/07/07/2017-topps-chrome-baseball-blaster-box-aug-2-25/

• Options

@Walt said:
    Guys on another board figured out that production actually increased by 25% this year. Yikes.

What did it increase in 2010... 50%, 100%? Anyone else remember the Strasburg year and how Topps killed us all with Topps Chrome. I have not pre-bought a case of Topps Chrome since then... and this year, especially how Topps talked about this year being so hot at the National, I worry for the same!

This is one product I'll wait to see the dust settle before I jump in that pool!

• Options

Who cares about the Rangers?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always look forward to new releases. Today's new product is one day tomorrows vintage.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭

I took the plunge and bought a jumbo case today. Purely to hold for resale. I see the breakers going crazy with this which will in turn spike the single box market price. Judge, Happ, Benintendi, Bellinger, along with the usual Harper, Trout, and others I think will make it a winner. Honestly what 2017 baseball product hasn't gone thru the roof. Archives $145, GQ $175, Heritage $185, and on, and on. I do see some of the non high end product like Heritage, GQ, and Archives coming back down to earth here in the next few months but Finest and Chrome I see holding strong. I will be out and about tomorrow looking for a few blasters to pop myself but I try and limit myself to just 1 or else I might fall off the wagon and bust my case.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options

BTW, the case price on Blowout is up $70 from what I paid this morning already. Blaster boxes might be $50 by days end. The buyers group has moved to modern wax. Hide your bowman, hide your chrome, they're coming!

#CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

When do they get released to retail? I checked 2 Walmarts and a target today and they didn't have any.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

I too checked Walmart/target/toysrus...no dice

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@pjb103183 said:
    I too checked Walmart/target/toysrus...no dice

Ha!..You guys would hate it here!...Closest Walmart is almost 80 miles away, Target, probably 90!...We have freaking K-Mart!..Does anyone have any clue on when they will release new product: :) I can still get boxes of 2015 Topps football blaster boxes there for $12 each (the ones with the super bowl coin in them, are they worth anything?) !...Although I did see a single box of 2017 Topps Series 1 Blaster for $25 and a couple of hanging packs!...Pickings are pretty dang slim!..

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options
    belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

What the heck...thought I'd join in on the modern excitement...hope to pull Cubs or Dodgers...guess Judge would be cool, lol. I'll share the hits.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
  • Options

I'm still waiting on my pre order boxes to arrive...I will post the results after I rip through them

• Options

After the first 5 packs, nothing major but the cards are gorgeous. I got a gold Joe Mauer to 50 a ton of stud rcs and the 1987 chromes are super cool. My 2 autos so far are weak.
    I'll post the rest tonight, great product.

• Options

It was fun but I'll stick to vintage..nice cards though

• Options

Hit 4 Walmarts and 3 Targets and no retail out yet. From some other boards I've heard Fridays might be stocking day for WM but I think that's hit or miss. I'll keep looking. Good looking cards so far. Keep posting those rips.

#CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two jumbo boxes on the way to rip open this weekend. That way I won't be tempted to rip the ones currently sitting in my office... ;)

• Options

I love that this has turned into a rip and post thread! If my boxes don't arrive tomorrow, I'm making the 25 mile trek to my nearest hobby shop and picking up a box to rip...until then, I'm stuck at work and can only enjoy vicariously, so keep ripping and posting, and best of luck to all!

• Options

I never knew online group breaks were so huge. I purchased a spot for a 2017 Topps Jumbo Chrome from Jaspys Hobbyland. Here is a link to the live stream of all of tonight's break, including a ton of other product.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0V-EGIRZg

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

i ordered a jumbo too

• Options

Oh my...congrats on the gold judge Refractor...what a rush that must be!

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Are the Mega Blaster boxes retail? Thanks

Firedog - nice hits

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

The biggest rush we have had. We had terrible luck this year until the Chrome . We ripped so much heritage I hate it lol. Chrome is awesome

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

I got lucky and boy do I mean lucky. It's numbered to 20!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4cVnm2a.jpg[/img]

IWTDMBII
  • Options

That Judge is better than most people did in 20 cases and I kid you not.

• Options

I found 3 blasters at target, bought them, got nothing. People are reporting mega boxes at walmart. 34.99. There should be lots to find if you are going the retail route.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

Concerning cases, hobby and jumbo have same number of cards, but the jumbo are much more expensive. Are these basically purchased for the autograph hits only?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

I found about 350.00 in retail tonight. Each Walmart is getting 2 mega boxes (34.99). 4 blasters (19.99) and 6 hanger packs (9.99). The mega boxes contain 10 packs and two 5 card xfractor packs. The blasters come with 8 packs and one 4 card sepia pack. The hangers come with 3 packs and one 5 card pink refractor pack..

I pulled some nice stuff including a Belly sepia, Judge Prism. 3 Benintendi Pink Refractors and a Moncada Green Autograph.

If you had a choice I would say stick to the mega boxes, as both my autographs came from them. The retail bonus hits are nice. You only have to hit one Judge to make your money back. Good Luck!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great scores everyone.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I got a bellinger autograph redemption from 3 boxes I got at meijer. Pretty ok with that.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Sick Judge of 20. Awesome. What is that card?

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2017 1:17PM

Checked the stores again today and still nothing here

edited to add: Checked a 3rd store and they had some! Picked up a good bit. Will post any hits i get.

Out of 1 mega box, 4 blaster boxes, and 3 hanger packs, I got 1 auto (Bruce Maxwell), 1 Judge RC, and 1 Sepia Judge RC. Not a whole lot else.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

@firedawg45 said:
    Sick Judge of 20. Awesome. What is that card?

Thanks. An xfractor? A pulsar? Overproduced parallel?

IWTDMBII
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2017 3:16PM

@Walt said:
    I found about 350.00 in retail tonight. Each Walmart is getting 2 mega boxes (34.99). 4 blasters (19.99) and 6 hanger packs (9.99). The mega boxes contain 10 packs and two 5 card xfractor packs. The blasters come with 8 packs and one 4 card sepia pack. The hangers come with 3 packs and one 5 card pink refractor pack..

I pulled some nice stuff including a Belly sepia, Judge Prism. 3 Benintendi Pink Refractors and a Moncada Green Autograph.

If you had a choice I would say stick to the mega boxes, as both my autographs came from them. The retail bonus hits are nice. You only have to hit one Judge to make your money back. Good Luck!

I hit the gym this am and there is a Wal Mart within a half mile. I walked in and the guy was literally stocking the shelf with stuff. I asked him if Topps Chrome had come in and he searches the boxes and puts them out for me. Grabbed one mega box, a pair of blasters, and one hanger pack. No sense in taking all of them so others can have a chance, and the guy was very nice and helpful which was very much appreciated. Will crack them open with little guy this weekend.

KC

• Options
    edited August 4, 2017 3:10PM

I stopped by Walmart today after work. Someone bought the Mega Boxes already and the loose packs looked searched through, but all 4 blaster boxes were there... so I bought all 4. Probably not worth the $80 spent, but these were my good hits. Shocked to get 2 auto's when the packs say retail auto odds are 1:9,861 packs!

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2017 4:18PM

Got a bellinger trifecta in one of my boxes of chrome. Base, Sepia parallel and auto redemption. Hoping it's on card but I'm new to this.

ETA - this was from one of my three retail boxes. I didn't get much of anything worth mentioning out of retail until this year.

• Options

@rcmb3220 said:
    Got a bellinger trifecta in one of my boxes of chrome. Base, Sepia parallel and auto redemption. Hoping it's on card but I'm new to this.

Topps Chrome are generally always on-card... and a redemption, almost certain it will be on-card. Nice hits!

• Options

Wife called and gave me the heads up that these were @ Walmart...I gave my work a bs excuse why I'd "be right back" lol...picked up 4 regular blasters as well!

• Options

Holy Cow Eric, great pulls.

• Options
    CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

2 Jumbo and 2 Hobby this evening at the LCS and think the result were pretty solid. Happ is 2/20 Mancini is #/250. These were the highlights but plenty of big name base refractors and 87s as well.