Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone seen one of these 1572 Contemporary Counterfeits ?

19.18 grams

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong forum and you are just trying to avoid using the BST.

• Options
    WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

What is BST. I'm new to this. I'm not trying to make anyone upset. These are the true strange rarities I've found over the years. I'm a dedicated collector.

• Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

BST is Buy/Sell/Trade.

And don't worry. I think everything and everyone makes him upset.

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd likely get more traction for the thread and more pertinent information if you posted the topic in the World & Ancient Coins Forum.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    Wrong forum and you are just trying to avoid using the BST.

why?

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2017 4:42AM

The simple answer is that there is a U.S. Coin forum and a World & Ancient Coins forum. There are also the BSTs for both areas.

A longer answer: I happen to read both forums (and was a long-time lurker), but I feel that several people post World Coins here on the U.S. Forum when they are in a selling mode. Not enough exposure on the World & Ancient Coin Forum or the BST. When this is done frequently, this misposting doesn't seem to me to be a mistake but rather stealth marketing. You usually don't see these people misposting their U.S. material on the World Forum.

This fellow is not the worst person doing this.

I'm not trying to be John J. Pittman policing the ANA bourse floor (or the forums), but there are distinct places for discussion of U.S. Coins, World and Ancient Coins, and for doing swaps and sales. And yes, I am a crank - getting worse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file