Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My National Experience

jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, another National thread. I'll keep it short. I won't post any pictures, Mike (stone) has that covered. My purchases and PSA submissions have already been posted in other threads so I won't post them again.

This was my first National since Houston in 1994. I went with lists of cards I needed for some sets I'm working on. I found a few cards for my 1964 Topps Stand-up set. I didn't find anything for the other sets. I did pick up a few various singles.

The best part of the show was meeting up with forum members at the BBCE booth. It was nice to put names and faces with the member names. My memory leaves a lot to be desired so I can't remember everyone's name. I won't list names because I don't want to leave anyone out. It was great to finally meet everyone. I hope to be able to do it again next year in Cleveland.

One dealer that I wanted to meet was Jeff at Card Country. He is a very nice guy with a great reputation. We talked for a little while and I ended up buying several cards from him.

James

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best part of the show was meeting up with forum members at the BBCE booth

So true James.

The cards you picked up? The best!

2 years ago, I couldn't have done it without cpamike - he was gracious, helpful and generous with his time.

I'm learning a lot of your names and like James look forward to next year.

I owe a couple of you Dinosaurs Attacks - please PM me with your addy's.

Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

James it was great to meet you and believe me it is easier to remember guys with each show you make. You picked up some great cards and I didn't realize they came from Jeff who is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. His Dad is great to talk to as well.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

@cpamike said:
    James it was great to meet you and believe me it is easier to remember guys with each show you make. You picked up some great cards and I didn't realize they came from Jeff who is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. His Dad is great to talk to as well.

OK Mike - this is a test.

What's Jeff's dad's name?

Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

@cpamike said:

OK Mike - this is a test.

What's Jeff's dad's name?

I believe it is Dave.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is Dave. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer family out there from top to bottom. True story - it was my meeting them at the National in 2014 in Cleveland that brought me back into the hobby. I got out in 2004 when I had gotten married, built a house, had a family and was tired of the negativity plus the WIWAG scandal and stock market dump - had very few cards left in my collection. After the Cleveland National and finding a dealer who was great to deal with and very helpful I slowly and then majorly jumped back in. My son and I have a lot of fun with cards, and have spent the last few nights ripping boxes of modern stuff for fun. Have not been successful with our ripping but having fun - even the wife ripped some 2015 Bowman Chrome with us!

KC

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    It is Dave. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer family out there from top to bottom. True story - it was my meeting them at the National in 2014 in Cleveland that brought me back into the hobby. I got out in 2004 when I had gotten married, built a house, had a family and was tired of the negativity plus the WIWAG scandal and stock market dump - had very few cards left in my collection. After the Cleveland National and finding a dealer who was great to deal with and very helpful I slowly and then majorly jumped back in. My son and I have a lot of fun with cards, and have spent the last few nights ripping boxes of modern stuff for fun. Have not been successful with our ripping but having fun - even the wife ripped some 2015 Bowman Chrome with us!

KC

+1

Jeff and his parents are a great benefit to the hobby!

Dave
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cpamike said:

Mike, It was great meeting you as well. I hope to be able to make it to Cleveland next year.

I ended up buying 6 cards from Jeff. He is a nice guy and was very easy to deal with.

James

• Options

I hope to be able to make it to Cleveland next year.

Hope so James. As I said - a pleasure meeting you and seeing your cards - I still can't get over your 68Ts!

Mike
  • Options

I knew you wouldn't let me down Mike.

Mike
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

Jeff, Dave and Connie are three of the nicest people i have EVER met.

PERIOD.

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle