Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA/DNA Red vs Blue

I know that the red label is desirable because it authenticates the card, but I have some blue labels that say the actual card issue and not just "trading card". I can't add any of the blue labels to the set registry. If the blue label names the card issue, like 1986 Fleer, would that mean they authenticated the card?

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

No, they never authenticated the card with blue labels. That area of confusion (and related liability) is why they switched to Trading Card only.

• SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

So in this example even though it says 2007 Finest, PSA is not authenticating the card at all, correct? Thanks!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

To my knowledge that is correct. I'm sure there are better experts out there. Now for that particular card I don't believe there is a particular risk of being a reprint but for some other cards the red label would be a significant upgrade because it does authenticate the card. That being said, there can be significant value in buying a card that is in a blue label that you feel is authentic and converting it over to a red flip (if you are correct in your assessment).

Steve
  • MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    So in this example even though it says 2007 Finest, PSA is not authenticating the card at all, correct? Thanks!

"")

Correct.