Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jordan Rookie PSA 10 at National Convention?

AaronfromKyAaronfromKy Posts: 114 ✭✭

I heard a conversation on a YouTube stream video about a Jordan Rookie PSA 10 at the national convention that was stolen or lost or something? And something about 18k?

Does anyone have anymore info?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe someone bought one from a shop or a different show. They took it to PSA at the show to have it reholdered and PSA determined that the card and slab were both fakes.
    James

• Options
    AaronfromKyAaronfromKy Posts: 114 ✭✭

Ok. Thanks. Wow, to spend 18k on a card I would think people would do their homework first.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    I believe someone bought one from a shop or a different show. They took it to PSA at the show to have it reholdered and PSA determined that the card and slab were both fakes.
    James

That is a kick in the nuts

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I've been in the market for a high grade PSA Jordan for a few months now, but with all these stores about them in faked slabs makes it really unsettling.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

How about pictures of Jordans at the national if anyone has one?

Last year we saw gobs and gobs of rookies.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Let's hope the new holder will prevent this in the future. Man, I feel for the buyer here. Not sure what legal action can be taken.

• Options

The story was discussed here: http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136746&page=3

"Vegas Dave" sold the card about a month ago to someone for $18k cash.

Card was brought to the National for re-slabbing, but PSA determined it was fake.

Incidentally "Vegas Dave" currently has federal charges of betting with fake SSN's against him.

It's probably a good idea not to buy cards from someone with "Vegas" in their title.

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

@ndmd99 said:
    The story was discussed here: http://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136746&page=3

"Vegas Dave" sold the card about a month ago to someone for $18k cash.

Card was brought to the National for re-slabbing, but PSA determined it was fake.

Incidentally "Vegas Dave" currently has federal charges of betting with fake SSN's against him.

It's probably a good idea not to buy cards from someone with "Vegas" in their title.

Never play pool with a guy who is named after a state. Never date a girl whose first name is a gemstone.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.