Comments

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 12:57PM

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice variety of photos of the different items at the show. Thanks.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Thanks for posting. What are the 1986 Fleer PSA 10 Jordans going for?

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    Thanks for posting. What are the 1986 Fleer PSA 10 Jordans going for?

I saw a few at $20k each.

• 1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I am 92% sure I saw a '52 Topps Mantle PSA 9 in a dealer's case today. I was walking by quickly and believe that is what I saw. Did anyone else see that and take a picture (or is this a forum member's card)? Should have gone back and asked if I could just hold it for a few seconds.

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1957Braves said:
    I am 92% sure I saw a '52 Topps Mantle PSA 9 in a dealer's case today. I was walking by quickly and believe that is what I saw. Did anyone else see that and take a picture (or is this a forum member's card)? Should have gone back and asked if I could just hold it for a few seconds.

Evan Mathis has the PSA 9 1952 Topps Mantle and a PSA 10 1953 Topps Mantle in his case. Neither are for sale.
    James

Thanks James. Is the '52 a $1mm card? I would have made an offer, but having trouble moving my solid gold Rolls Royce right now. Just not the market there used to be.

Just saw pictures in another post. Amazing cards.

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:

@1957Braves said:

Evan Mathis has the PSA 9 1952 Topps Mantle and a PSA 10 1953 Topps Mantle in his case. Neither are for sale.
    James

I am assuming that is his Superbowl ring shown between the 53 and 52 Mantles in Kendallcat's photos. I also think that is what is on Superman's head in his paid ad on google: http://selltoevan.com/

I hope he is able to play this season even though I wish he had stayed in Philly.

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing the pic's glad you had a good time. And yes Mike is as great guy.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2017 11:01PM

@jfkheat said:

@1957Braves said:

James

I happened to say hi to Evan today and took a pic:

and thanx for the kind words guys - it's "YOU" guys that make it worthwhile to attend this event and I look forward to next year.

Till then? Take care guys.

Mike
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before I forget, I want to make a special thanx to Kirk/mrmint23 for his generous gifts to me - I'll post when I get home - a game, and some ephemera. He's a very thoughtful person who remembers what you like - Dodger stuff!

Mike
  • coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:

@1957Braves said:

James

https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/8378/collector-profile-evan-mathis-curator-miniature-museum

• Thank you for sharing the pics...makes me feel almost like I was there......almost...
    will be there next year for sure!

• lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Wow, Mathis has some incredible stuff.

The top picture of all the Jordans reminds me of the pictures from last year of cases and cases full of Jordans on display.

edited October 19, 2017 12:56PM

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Nice pickup on the 1951 pack and great job with the pictures!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.