Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Who knows what these slightly more ,modern than ancients might be?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

That last one has MSM on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2017 11:54AM

#1 Egypt, under British occupation, 10 Piastres, 1916-1917, 83.3% silver, 0.3749 Troy ounce actual silver weight. Pretty good silver.

#2 - France (Strasbourg), Decime or ten centimes, bronze, issued for Louis the Eighteenth, during the transitional period 1814-15 [between Nappy and Louie].

#3 - photo not good enough for these poor old eyes.

FWIW, several times in the last year, KP has offered all five volumes of the Standard Catalog of World Coins at $168.00 postpaid. Years 1600 to date at your fingertips.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2017 11:55AM

I don't know why it did that.[Now I do, thanks to yosclimber]

Yesterday I wrote a real coin show report about the CINA show at Springfield, IL. Took about an hour to write it up properly, mostly positive. This posting system ate the report up instantly when I tried to post it.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

The third item appears to be a token and the "M S M" on it could be initials for anything.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

my thoughts too.
    I can't even remember when or where it came from.
    Probably a "poundage" lot of foreign minor while I was in the shop.

Just a curiosity and ....who knows?
    :)

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2017 9:54AM

@BillDugan1959 said:
    I don't know why it did that.

The text is large because of the # characters you used at the start of each item.
    This Forum uses the "Markdown" language for formatting posts,
    and it uses certain "special" characters like # to make things like Headers with a larger font.
    If you put a backslash \ in front of the # , or if you remove the # it will display properly.

Yesterday I wrote a real coin show report about the CINA show at Springfield, IL. Took about an hour to write it up properly, mostly positive. This posting system ate the report up instantly when I tried to post it.

That is a bummer. The "safe" way to make a big post is to save it in a file first, then copy/paste.
    (But I usually don't do that unless it's a fairly long post).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

• Options

Thanks for the head's up. I will edit that.

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:
    I don't know why it did that.[Now I do, thanks to yosclimber]

Hey, I got some MORE lousy pix. The MSM token/coin (?) has what I....guess... are Korean symbols and the numeral 50.

Help any?? :D

• Options

One last trip to the top to see if anyone wants to chime in an opinion on that M.S.M coin/token/thing.

???????????? :/