Does he walk?

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly doesn't sprint.

peacockcoins

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasted an hour watching the hearing. If he can be kept another 20 years for being a putz...that is fine with me. Takes little responsibility for the crime, that will not help him.

9 years though for a sentence that should have been half as long......guess it is time to unlock the gate.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

The juice is loose

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    The juice is loose

Oh No......hide the women and children.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@craig44 said:
    The juice is loose

Oh No......hide the women and children.

And the cutlery

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 2 cents...maybe a nickel's worth...

Let's turn back the clock...1994, Simpson found not guilty of murder of Ron and Nicole. Despite a PREPONDERANCE of evidence, including those "ugly aXXed shoes", (Bruni Maglis), whose bloody footprints were found at the scene, etc, etc. The "jury of his peers" acquits. The biggest mistake in this trial was when Gil Garcetti moved the venue. Despite the fact the murders were committed in Santa Monica, Garcetti moves the venue to downtown LA. He is warned by a jury consultant, that there are some jurors who are "hopelessly biased" in OJ's favor...but the show goes on, and the verdict is easily predicted.

The jury didn't weigh the evidence, they just weren't gonna let a brother go down, especially OJ. This was a backhand to the cops for the Rodney King beating.

Marsha was inept, and Lance Ito was just enjoying the cameras and attention. The bloody glove didn't fit because it shrunk from all the blood...that and the examination rubber glove OJ was wearing.

PRIOR to this tragic event, OJ, despite his stating at his parole hearing, claiming he was as pure as the driven snow in his life, with not so much as snatching a Girl Scout cookie...there are a fair amount of bad things he did, which the parole board could have, but didn't take into account...like beating his ex-wife so badly, she was hardly recognizable when found. Other legal violations were committed by OJ (one need only Google to see), but the Parole Board, so inept as to state, "I see here you've just recently turned 90"...chose to overlook those things that would have kept him locked up, where he belongs.

How well I remember (as many of us did), when we huddled around a radio or tv to hear the verdict. A certain group cheered loudly, another group was in total disbelief and shock...I was in the latter group.

Odds are his ego will not allow him to honor parole restrictions and he'll return from whence he came. Hope springs eternal.

Of course, in being fair to OJ, he will now have the opportunity to continue his life-long search for "the real killers". I am sitting about 80 miles east of Atlanta, the temperature is 94 degrees and the "feels like" is 102. I have a better chance of seeing 2 feet of snow by sunset than OJ does of accomplishing is self-imposed mission.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn't brought up back in '94 as no one really knew anything much about it, but it will be interesting to see, upon Simpson's death, if his brain exhibits any degree of CTE.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

"""Let's turn back the clock...1994, Simpson found not guilty of murder of Ron and Nicole. Despite a PREPONDERANCE of evidence, including those "ugly aXXed shoes", (Bruni Maglis), whose bloody footprints were found at the scene, etc, etc."""

Connections to the Bruno Magli shoes did not come out in the murder trail but in the later civil trial. Clark and Darden were outmaneuvered by the dream team and Furman helped the defense immensely. Evidence was mishandled with blood samples kept unrefrigerated in the summer heat. Had I been on the jury (based on what I saw) the reasonable doubt requirement would have had me reluctantly voting for acquittal.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Connections to the Bruno Magli shoes did not come out in the murder trail but in the later civil trial.

"The shoes were a key piece of evidence in the murder case – the killer left a bloody size 12 Bruno Magli shoeprint at the scene of the crime. Attorney Daniel Petrocelli notes during the deposition that only 299 pairs of Bruno Magli shoes in that size have ever been sold in the United States." GOOGLE IT.

That you would actually state "would have had me reluctantly voting for a quittal" is pathetic.

• Options

Ok...I would not have been reluctant at all.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2017 5:36PM

Connecting OJ as owner of the shoes did not occur until the Goldman civil trial.

"""“Eventually, after the [criminal] trial was over, they found the photograph of O.J. wearing the Bruno Magli shoe at a Bills game,” Poser said. “In the civil case, which I was deposed for, they stipulated that he was indeed wearing those shoes. Had they found that photograph prior to the criminal trial, that could have been a game changer.”""""

• Options

He was so guilty.....the judge and jury should have gone to jail with that verdict!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    He was so guilty.....the judge and jury should have gone to jail with that verdict!

Fair enough, as long as the jury is sentenced to the 8 and a half months sequestered as time served.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Fair enough, as long as the jury is sentenced to the 8 and a half months sequestered as time served.

I would give them the same sentence that O.J. should have received.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2017 8:03PM

Given the choice between Planet Dimeman and Planet Glicker I'm leaning towards the better speller. Glicker will there be free cable and how are the women?

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

When you see the women you will not care about the cable.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    When you see the women you will not care about the cable.

Give me the coordinates and everything better not be kosher. I do eat gluten free. Will there be a problem?

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Maybe. All catering is done by Lafayette Coney Island.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Given the choice between Planet Dimeman and Planet Glicker I'm leaning towards the better speller. Glicker will there be free cable and how are the women?

mark

I take it you are saying I'm too hard on a double murderer.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Maybe. All catering is done by Lafayette Coney Island.

Too funny. That was the joint my Dad and Grandpa used to take us after games at The Olympia and Cobo.

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Your comment on the judge and jury was over the top. Even for you

M

• Options
    edited August 17, 2017 4:23PM

That trial was a farce and you know it. The jury didn't do their job and the judge didn't do his.....and O.J. got away with a double murder. I don't think I am over the top at all. > @Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Your comment on the judge and jury was over the top. Even for you

M