Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Will The Juice Be Set Loose? 10am PST tomorrow!

OJ was my favorite player as a kid. He was an absolute legend where I grew up (San Francisco). One of the greatest football players to ever grace the field. A larger than life figure on and off the field. For obvious reasons he is despised by many. One aspect of OJ that I do think should be looked into is concussions. With numerous cases of pro football players lives impacted in drastic fashion due to concussions it would be interesting to see if that might of played a part in how OJ's life carried itself out after football. Personally, he's proven to be a model prisoner by all accounts and is not a threat on society. I hope they free him.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2017 6:31PM

He is a fascinating case, no doubt, and even after all these years, commands media attention.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

OJ is certainly no threat to anyone. Unless perhaps someone may piss him off.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Let him rot.

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I loved OJ and, all things being equal, still wouldn't mind having a beer with the guy, but did everyone forget that he brutally killed two people?

I know he's in prison this time for the memorabilia incident, but all political correctness aside, he deserves to rot in hell for what he did to Nicole and Ron.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Although I fully believe he committed the murder he was accused of and later found guilty in civil court, the only criminal charge here is the one of the robbery. If the parole board takes that into account without any of the other stuff, then my guess is he will be set free.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

parole granted

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder what he will do 4 $$$%%

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

His pension is safe so he will be just fine.

• Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭

He obviously going to be signing at the National!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Wonder what he will do 4 $$$%%

Found this on a Celebrity Net Worth Website:

After he turned 55, OJ was eligible to receive a pension from the NFL. It's widely believed that OJ actually held off on taking his pension payments until he was 65 so he could receive a larger monthly payment ($10,565 per month instead of $4,034). Assuming this is true, the NFL began paying him $10,565 per month starting in 2012. Since he could not access or use this money while he was in prison, approximately $602,000 would have built up in OJ's bank account. According to one of his close friends, OJ also reportedly has a fully funded personal pension that is worth anywhere from $2-5 million depending on how the assets were invested and performed. He also reportedly has a Screen Actor's Guild pension that pays around $1700 per month. Luckily for OJ, pension income can not be touched by bankruptcy or legal judgment so it's completely off limits to the Goldman family.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited July 21, 2017 9:51PM

Addicted2eBay sent me a nice random PM out of nowhere just now. lol

**Keep worshiping those criminal ball players.

F---ing idiot**

Not really sure why he chose to randomly PM that message but I thought it was better suited as a part of the conversation here.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

The whole thing is just sad! Carl Douglas was on Lebatard yesterday and said OJ will have it rough now with the social media the way it is . He will be filmed every where he goes..

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658