Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help identifying these autographed baseballs

Background: I purchased an autograph baseball collection that was from Mike Shannon's restaurant (former cardinal player and current radio broadcaster). The lot contained 149 balls, many of which were from former Cardinals, also many HOFers and some other random ones - Hulk Hogan, Meatloaf, Jackie Joyner Kersee (st. louisan), etc. I am down to 8 autographs I cannot identify.

Any help?

Comments

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

2nd photo is #46 Kevin Siegrist

• Options

Thanks travis t - it doesn't seem to match too closely to other siegrist autographs that I am finding online, but that may be it, but I also think he is too recent (the newest players on the balls are 2008 or so). Most are older players, but then some popular cardinals (rolen, matt morris, pujols, but then there was also jason simontacchi randomly)...

it's siegrist until its not!

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

The last one looks like a McGwire variation (his auto changed over the years). If the date is '01, that is the year he stepped aside and retired so Pujols could take over 1B. Pretty cool if that is the case.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Well done FirstBeard.

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

pic 5 is andy benes
    last pic is mcgwire

• Options

FirstBeard and bounce - the balls also contained another mcgwire with different variation - but I appreciate the help and it does seem to be it from '01 - the benes one seems correct too - the help is much appreciated!

• Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Ken Dayley
    Don Zimmer
    Richie Ashburn

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Looks like you scored some great pieces. Congrats!

• Options

You guys are awesome, just 3 left - I put 2 photos of 2 of them, one of them says "try the steak" the other with 2 photos looks like a #20

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Pic1 is a short William Shatner

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

First one is Charlie Steiner.

• Options

Thanks alifaxwa2 and swish54 - I believe i'm down to 1 remaining - much appreciated!

• Options

I think the last one is Mickey Mantle.

• Options

Looking for help on identifying who this is... I’m thinking Mike Felder? It on a Major League ball, Bud Selig is commissioner. Thanks in advance for any help!