Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Scanning Card Questions

I have a couple of different Epson scanners I once used to scan 4x5 film and medium format film.

Doing a google search seems these will suffice nicely.

I will be auctioning off individual cards as well as groups of cards.

Any tips and settings and tips anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the advice of others on here, I scan with the lid open.
    James

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Did you intend to ask a question? Are you questioning the use of a scanner or the use of cards? If the sun is rising above Calgary what time is it in Tokyo? And why on Earth do you need to be tipped twice? I can barely muster up one tip at just about any restaurant these days. The service sucks.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I put a black piece of colored paper over them so the edges/corners have a nice contrast to the background.

• Options

@swish54 said:
    I put a black piece of colored paper over them so the edges/corners have a nice contrast to the background.

Leaving the lid open does the same thing.
    James

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    Using the advice of others on here, I scan with the lid open.
    James

So the scanner doesn't scan the ceiling of whatever room you are in or your face looking down at it? lol

I didn't know this is why I ask and need better scans.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

nope. but just make sure your scanner isnt directly below an overhead light

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new scanner. I plan to use it for PSA and BGS cards. I'm looking at the Epson 4490, V370, V550, and V600. The V600 may be more than I need, does anyone have any experience with the other models?

Mike
  • Options

Several months ago I bought a Canon Canoscan 9000F. It is by far the best scanner I've ever used for scanning slabbed cards. I think quite a few guys here use the Epson. I don't have any experience with Epson but I am very happy with my Canon
    James

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I wrote up a how to article a little over a year ago. https://cardboardhistory.blogspot.com/p/how-to-make-your-scans-look-like-cards.html

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History