Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

CU Message Board Mt. Rushmore

Could consist of past or present posters. List 4 posters that should be on a CU Mt. Rushmore.
No criteria. Just post the four posters you liked or enjoyed the most.

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Summerof68 (Don), Stone (MikeR), Flatfoot (Manny) and PSatan/Scumbi (no idea his real name)

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

CDsNuts (Lee)
    nam812 (Nick)
    Grote15 (Tim)
    Joe Orlando (Joe Orlando)

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Stone
    Griffins
    Storm
    bobsbbcards

Honorable mention to pandrews, because no one hit it better

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al

Shouldn't pandrews have his own statue in a harbor somewhere to welcome immigrants?

• ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

I only have 2,:
    CrisCross for his persistence in trying to antagonize the board only to be humiliated and proven wrong over and over....yet he keeps coming back for more. His persistence deserves recognition. Plus watching everyone pile on is entertaining.

Also, Jenny aka little old Grandma with her inheritance of cases and cases of unopened 1970's baseball from her husband. Poor widow Jenny was overwhelmed and had nowhere to turn to figure out how to sell them or what they are worth. Yet she was traveling the world meeting Private Collectors she somehow knew even though she was clueless on cards, all while teasing the board with no pictures and no follow up on inquiries or suggestions. Her comedic timing and ability to troll in a subtle enough way to keep it going deserves a spot

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

Travis is one
    and Grumpy Smurf .. Crisscross

Griffin but he likes Che Guevara so im taking him out

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever these threads come up I always nominate Gumbyfan.

As far as I know, he's the only poster who tried to arrange a meeting between a baseball card
    and the commissioner of baseball. Can't remember what baseball card it was?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Rube
    Storm
    ArnieVee
    Gary the bartop designer

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Fergie
    Grote
    Stone
    Flatfoot

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

No love for the mods?

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Dpeck100: I don't collect wrestling at all, but his posts bring me back to when I was obsessed with it when I was younger. Plus, I love his passion for his hobby, and the fact that he is so knowledgeable about PSA/sports cards in general. He posts and links to auctions to stuff it does not seem he collects, which is impressive.

DM23HOF: First, love the username. But we also have the same collecting interests in terms of loving Mantle, Judge, the Yankees, etc. Love to see his pickups. I really miss his thread about drunken/buzzed ebay purchases. Can we bring that one back?

Dboneesq: Never met the guy, but just seems like a really nice guy, and we have traded messages back and forth asking about each other's families. You know how every group has a levelheaded, nice person who is the voice of reason? Dboneeq is that to this board.

Muffins: The latest addition just based on how he dropped all of those signed Mantles earlier this week. Can we see more of his collection posted please?

Guys I loved following, but don't seem to post much here anymore:

TheNavarro: Loved seeing his signed rookie card pickups. HOF worthy. I know he sold many to fund law school; which is also the reason why he wasn't around much.

LordStan: We have the same collecting interest (autographs of baseball HOFers) and have traded messages throughout the years. Seems like an all around good guy.

Iluvcards (can't remember the exact username)/Felicia: Feel back grouping him (her?) with the rest of these guys, but some of those posts were epic and was the predominant poster on this board when I joined (circa summer 2009 or so).

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Nah, that was a reaction to a troll that got banned. I was just going to keep it for a week, but 10 years later I'm still too lazy to change it and haven't found anything worth changing to. Guess I should design and upload something.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

I have seen a picture of Anthony in his younger days and it is scarier than Che.

Al
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2017 6:56AM

Don't forget about muggyman :) (or Jose)

Daniel
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate Maurice. I really enjoyed his posts.

• the moustache man with all the Canseco cards def deserves to be on it and dpeck since he flexed for us and kendall with the sick mantle collection and 4th would be jenny, but im kinda new around here, so my votes dont count.

Back in the hobby after hibernating for many years... Collector from the overproduced years of 1986+
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone with a Paul Newman avatar

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

How about Chad, with the Iverson avatar, I believe? He was pretty cool.
    There was a corvette guy, who told wild stories. And how about the guy from New Orleans, I think, who drove a thousand miles to buy a van full of cards?

But, nam and CDsnuts? Seriously??

Oh sure Tommy and Bill, no prob. They can take the place of posters who actually had substance. Not substance abuse.

Yes. CDsFreekinNUTS. +1

@Griffins said:

Nah, that was a reaction to a troll that got banned. I was just going to keep it for a week, but 10 years later I'm still too lazy to change it and haven't found anything worth changing to. Guess I should design and upload something.

Ok so waiting for the new avatar and then put him back on my rushmore....

• ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@SOM said:
    ..........And how about the guy from New Orleans, I think, who drove a thousand miles to buy a van full of cards?

You cant remember Bill's name (the guy from New Orleans, I think, who drove a thousand miles to buy a van full of cards), but you can remember that Nick and Lee didn't provide both humor and knowledge here for years and years? Maybe you really are a senile old man, which I believe is what you said that your screen name of SOM stood for.

the Canseco guy is pretty cool too

• muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2017 2:20PM

no interest in rushmore but thanks for a nod. the collection is pretty diverse and spans just about every year, sport and non-sport. if its unique and asthetically appealing or historically significant its got room in my collection.

here's a few more pieces of "eye" candy cardboard for ya...

just an eye:

"black" eye:

good eye?

lazy eye:

a p"i"rate:

no fish eye:

snake eyes:

and my official topps "buying" group card:

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

How about glass eye for Colombo??

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZTarg said:

@SOM said:
    ..........And how about the guy from New Orleans, I think, who drove a thousand miles to buy a van full of cards?

You cant remember Bill's name (the guy from New Orleans, I think, who drove a thousand miles to buy a van full of cards), but you can remember that Nick and Lee didn't provide both humor and knowledge here for years and years? Maybe you really are a senile old man, which I believe is what you said that your screen name of SOM stood for.

Bill was from Shreveport. He also did not drive. He slept. I drove rented the UHaul and it was a blast. He lives in Marshall now I think, maybe Longview. Anyways he definitely is a character

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Great stuff muffins. THIS one must be in your list: POP eye

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Aw, come on. Gimme a break. Senile men can't remember everything!

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

The buying group card is awesome!

• eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Dboneesq.
    Win Pitcher.
    Stone.
    Boo Potts.

"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2017 7:35AM

Nam812, Lawnmowerman, Stone, Rube!! My favorite posters who came undone were without a doubt Plifter and Tecknobaily/Only the 10's

• muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2017 8:51AM

@HighGradeLegends said:
    The buying group card is awesome!

thanks!

think i had ten of them drawn up and this one had the best centering...which still isnt all that great.

if ya want one, lemme know.

A different buyers group

Al
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Stooge
    Grote15
    CPAMike
    Rexvos

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.