Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking for information on Dayton Daily News Bubblegumless baseball cards.

PSA has slabbed both of these as 1970. Obviously (to me) these are two different years, 1970 and 1971.

Does anyone know of any publication that lists them? Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heres a raw Oliva that has the date.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

I need a carew of these and a sanguillen

• Options

Here's a scan provided to me from the Dayton Public Library from their microfiche when I inquired about the Carew.

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    PSA has slabbed both of these as 1970. Obviously (to me) these are two different years, 1970 and 1971.

Does anyone know of any publication that lists them? Haven't found anything so far.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Joe ........I have a ' Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards ' by Bob Lemke which has a copyright of 2011 ...............which lists the 1970 Dayton Daily News ......... but not the 1971 ..........................lists 1970 as having 160 cards with a couple of unnumbered all star cards ( Johnny Bench and Tony Perez ) and one variation of Tony Perez 11a ( Dark cap. ) and 11b ( Light cap. ) and another that has different players with same card number .....#102 a Glen Beckert and #102b Ray Fosse .........also No card issued for #103 !!!!!!!!!
    There is a 1971 set .............but it is not listed in this 2011 book ............I believe due to so much to cram into the book .......they alternate some issues in and out from year to year ! I would be interested in knowing if they have actually printed 1971 in a guide at one time or another ???? Psa does not list 1971 Dayton Daily News !
    I just recently purchased two Lou Brock's off of E-Bay ........1970 and 1971 ........both with different pics and 1969 bios and 1970 bios ................they have been on my Bucket List for at least 10 years !
    Robby

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Forgot to ask what your two Killibrew's graded out as ?????

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2017 12:31PM

1970=PSA3, 1971(Killibrew)PSA=2

• Options

Here is a link to the complete checklist of 1970-1971 Dayton Daily News Bubble Gumless cards, all 324 including updates. It was compiled by Scott Schauer a few years ago. The "unknown" #196 is Bob Matheson of the Cleveland Browns.

• Options

Thanks for the information!

Looks to me like they should be regarded as two separate years 1970 and 1971.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

card on the left exhibits his 1970 stats.

should be a no-brainer for psa.

sidenote: of course psa prolly docked your grades bc of the "creases" on the fold line? i still think they display better folded and were actually intended to be.

• Options

I forwarded the checklist to Tom Bartsch of SCD. PSA will probably not recognize the 1971 "cards" until someone lists them in a guide.

"No brainer" ha ha good one! ;-)

• Options

@Robby said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Joe ........I have a ' Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards ' by Bob Lemke which has a copyright of 2011 ...............which lists the 1970 Dayton Daily News ......... but not the 1971 ..........................lists 1970 as having 160 cards with a couple of unnumbered all star cards ( Johnny Bench and Tony Perez ) and one variation of Tony Perez 11a ( Dark cap. ) and 11b ( Light cap. ) and another that has different players with same card number .....#102 a Glen Beckert and #102b Ray Fosse .........also No card issued for #103 !!!!!!!!!
    There is a 1971 set .............but it is not listed in this 2011 book ............I believe due to so much to cram into the book .......they alternate some issues in and out from year to year ! I would be interested in knowing if they have actually printed 1971 in a guide at one time or another ???? Psa does not list 1971 Dayton Daily News !
    I just recently purchased two Lou Brock's off of E-Bay ........1970 and 1971 ........both with different pics and 1969 bios and 1970 bios ................they have been on my Bucket List for at least 10 years !
    Robby

I was also trying to win those Brock cards. LOL. Been on my list for a long time too. If you see anymore out there, let me know.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@lewford20 said:
    Here's a scan provided to me from the Dayton Public Library from their microfiche when I inquired about the Carew.

did u get the carew ?