Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hiya Mexico City question

I've been working in Mexico since February and will be here indefinably. Have had to much time to explore coin wise. Any leads?

Thanks in advance

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

The show starts 20 September. Look forward to seeing you there!

I hear there is little to be had in the shops these days. Some of the more established shops are no longer at street level due to rising rents in the Centro.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    The show starts 20 September. Look forward to seeing you there!

I hear there is little to be had in the shops these days. Some of the more established shops are no longer at street level due to rising rents in the Centro.

Thank you! It figures that I have business in Milan the 15-19th. Know if any places there : )

Im going to try to make it happen regardless if at all possible

Thanks again

M

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

The complete show dates are 20-23 September. Venue is the Hotel Del Prado, Ave Marina Nacional #399, Colonia Verónica Anzúres, attached to the Galerías--Plaza de las Estrellas, a small shopping mall.

Dealer setup/early bird is Wednesday. Regular hours on Thursday to Saturday. I believe the auction is Thursday evening.

Thank you!

m

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

I was just in Mexico City, the Templo Mayor Ruins in the city center and the accompanying museum were absolutely fantastic, I only had a 12 hour layover there from Peru, but I wish I had more time in that museum so much to see, my wife was dragging me by the arm thru it quickly so we could make it back to our flight in time ......... :'(

all around collector of many fine things

Mexico City is a fascinating and historical place. The largest (by population) city in North America and the richest in Latin America. First-class hotels and superb food.

And only 5 hours non-stop from New York.

I'm surprised more Americans don't visit.

Agree Mr pruebas

I was working in NYC and commuting from LA. I invented a job within my company in Mexico City. Cut my travel in half and LOVE it here. M- Thursday

mark

• AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinwise I think all is left is El Mundo de la Moneda. While I have not been there for one year or so, during my last trip I spent a whole day at el Centro looking for coin shops. Other than the exercise, and good tacos, got nothing...

There are several stores that occasionally carry decent numismatic coins, but I don't know their names. Other than EMdelaM there is one on Uruguay and one outside the Centro near Universidad.

But there is little decent numismatically to be had at any bricks & mortar store anywhere these days, no matter what the city.

Good tacos on the other hand..... :)

You ought to attend the show & auction.