Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NAZI 1940-A REICHSKREDITKASSEN COIN!

This its a 5 1940-A REICHSKREDITKASSEN NAZI COIN in Zinc!
How much this coin be worth?
I read in some blogs thats a rare nazi coin!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

A coin very similar to that coin (in fact it may be that coin) sold on eBay about 2 weeks ago for $36.

Finding comparable values on eBay is easy: Just enter information about your coin and search completed auctions. Be sure to look at sales, and not just listings. Anyone can list anything for any amount. That doesn't mean something is worth that amount. Closed auctions or sales where the final purchase price is shown is a pretty good (but not perfect) barometer of the value of a coin. Note that 1 degree plus or minus on the Sheldon coin grading scale can mean a vast difference in value and price. Further, eye appeal and originality can make a huge difference in value between similarly graded coins. Also, rare does not always equal valuable. In fact, it often doesn't. As with most things, supply and demand dictate value.

If you're collecting coins because you enjoy them, and/or because they may appreciate in value over time, your questions are welcome. I feel like you may be looking affirmation that a recent purchase is worth a fortune. That is very unlikely to happen--especially to someone who has little experience in the field of numismatics. The knowledge it takes to find really valuable or rare coins comes from years of study and effort, lots of luck, and lots and lots of trial and error.

There is no doubt that a coin with a value of $50 or $100 can be considered valuable to some people. I certainly don't want to discourage young or new collectors from dreaming and collecting with making money as one ultimate goal.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

I have a huge Nazi colecction! And some are rares, and ones more commons, this i coin i have for almost 1 years.

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1940-A is the most available of both the 5 and 10 Pfennig. Not rare because available on eBay. Before eBay they were very difficult to find. In my years of collecting them years ago, I only found 5 of the 18 different. I had the 1940-A, B, D 5 Pf. I had the 1940-A, G 10 Pf. I sold them many years ago. I have not been avidly searching for a long time as I no longer collect them. I don't know if they show up for sale or not. Plus I have never seen a 1941 dated 5 or 10 Pf. So, I think any mint mark but A, and any 1941 of either denomination qualifies as rare at the very least. The hunt for the rare is usually worth it. Good luck.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6312.html
    The original mintages and rarity estimates on the numista page agree with HoledandCreative's experience.

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yosclimber said:
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6312.html
    The original mintages and rarity estimates on the numista page agree with HoledandCreative's experience.

Thanks. Never knew the mintage figures.

• Options

I know that a lot of you darkside folks are classy as all get out, but I never fail to be impressed when you demonstrate it. Good on ya, people.

"YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents