Home Sports Talk
Options

What starting nine,AL games with the DH, baseball lineup would you rather have...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

...a lineup of strictly HR/power hitting all or nothing types (Canseco,Judge,Dave Kingman) or hit for high average types (Gwynn, Boggs, Rose). Which team do you think would win a seven game series? I'll go with the hit for average team.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would prefer the latter but think the series would be a tossup. hitting doesn't win a seven game series, pitching does, and good pitching can neutralize the high averages. during the 1995 regular season the Cleveland Indians fielded a Team that for a good part of the season averaged .300+, yet they were dominated by the pitching of the Atlanta braves.

I think a Team with average hitters and guys that can hit the ball out might be a better option. even as I type it that answer doesn't seem logical but it's the one I'd want.

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3, 2017 3:40PM

Aaron Judge's OPS+ sits at a whopping 193 this year. If that is all or nothing, count me in :)

I think of Rob Deer more as an all or nothing guy. Of course a lineup of Rob Deer types would not do nearly as well as bona fide hall famer hitters like Rose, Boggs, or Gwynn.

A lineup of Harmon Killebrews's and Mike Schmidt's who were often called "all or nothing guys," now that lineup would do better than the Gwynn lineup.