Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Oooooppsiees.

So I had a good night Actually a great one. Lots of fun with the kids during dinner and movie night. The Mrs and I enjoyed the rest if the evening. So I find/found my self in in the pool with a a big glass of bourbon and my phone.

I'm Surfing eBay as I'm oft to do at this time of night. I decide to put a few Jason Pominville RCs in my cart to celebrate his return. I then went to check out. No big deal right?

Ooooopsie. I forgot. I put a 1976 Topps Hockey BBCE Wax Box in my cart earlier as a reminder to watch. And now I own it.

Bottom line. Friends don't let friends surf eBay after a few bourbons.

Kevin

Ps. She'll buy this story in the am right?

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

LOL.. funny stuff man, I've done that before!

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Being a prolific member of the Ebaying While Intoxicated club.. I have much praise for your actions. I know for sure you are glad you got that box ! :)

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol why do people put things in their cart to watch it. There's a watch list for that!

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Good stuff Kevin.

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

I bet that box is going to look sweet in hand. Post a pic when you get it.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im> @dictoresno said:

Lol why do people put things in their cart to watch it. There's a watch list for that!

Well, in addition to being a member of eWIC (figured we needed an acronym @OddRodz ) I'm also a member of the I watch so many items my watch list is full club. To hard on my phone to delete so I add to my cart till I can clean up the watch list on my tablet or computer.

Kevin> @sushihotwings said:

I bet that box is going to look sweet in hand. Post a pic when you get it.

Most definetly.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

Yes, lol...

You can buy another one from same seller for $75 less, too..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Good thing you weren't watching his '71 Hockey Wax Box! LOL

Damn, I remember "Bidding While Intoxicated" back in the day. Was always "fun" to wake up, look at your recent purchases and say WTF? LOL

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@dictoresno said:

Yes, lol...

You can buy another one from same seller for $75 less, too..

Yes he had two. I bought the one from the Fritsch Vault. I knew it was a few bucks more but that was the one I wanted to keep an eye on.

@Dboneesq said:
    Good thing you weren't watching his '71 Hockey Wax Box! LOL

Damn, I remember "Bidding While Intoxicated" back in the day. Was always "fun" to wake up, look at your recent purchases and say WTF? LOL

Yeah I've been eying the '71 box too but I think it's a bit high. I haven't done any homework yet to try and ballpark a price but just guessing he's aiming pretty high.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

The listing stated it was from the Fritsch vault and bore a sticker to that effect on the bottom of the box but I didn't see that in the pic?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Yes you are correct, good eye. He accidentally used the same photo. Here is the bottom.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Very nice~I would pay a premium for a box from Fritsch as well, as you know it's almost certainly original and not pieced together.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin, great looking box!
    For us non hockey collectors, what are the best cards in this box. Any good rookies?

• Options

As far as rookies go it was a pretty slow year. Bryan Trottier (HOF) is the best and some might argue only rookie in the set. His card makes the set. To date there are just under 400 PSA graded Trottiers and not one 10. By comparison his OPC rookie has about 350 graded examples and 8 10s.

Personally I like the look of the set and it has one of my all time favorite cards in it.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    As far as rookies go it was a pretty slow year. Bryan Trottier (HOF) is the best and some might argue only rookie in the set. His card makes the set. To date there are just under 400 PSA graded Trottiers and not one 10. By comparison his OPC rookie has about 350 graded examples and 8 10s.

Personally I like the look of the set and it has one of my all time favorite cards in it.

Kevin

If I had that thick, luscious mane Martin is exhibiting, there's no way I would've worn a helmet.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options

Agreed. There was some great manes back in the '70s and it's amazing to see in action photos. Martin had a great head of hair right till he died.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    For us non hockey collectors, what are the best cards in this box. Any good rookies?

The "GLOSSY INSERTS" are cool and tough to find in high grade/condition.
    Nice pick up!

ps What brand of bourbon ?

• Options

Yes they are cool and very tough finds in high grade. The 77s are easier then the 76s IMO. They both suffer from a surface issue that runs across the top of the cards. Almost like a roller mark that can't be easily seen in scans but in hand with the gloss it's glaring.

The 76s seem to have a print dot issue too. Almost like print dot overspray.

That night was 4 Roses Single Barrel. I'm not locked on one brand. I enjoy sampling. 4 Roses SB and Bulliet are the two standbys if I don't feel like making a special trip to the liquor store. Have a suggestion I'm always listening.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

It arrived today and is really nice shape.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Time to start ripping!! >:)

• Options

Not till September at least. 1 box or 10% which ever is greater. I'd have to check but I think they would both work out to be the same right now.

Kevin

Kevin