Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crack or Keep?

Just got this back from my latest sub. I already own this card in a 9, so does anyone think it is worth cracking and chasing a 10?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2017 5:17PM

Just my two cents. The centering top to bottom would be my concern. I didn't measure it out but just from an eye appeal standpoint it appears skewed to the top. Again that is the only thing I'd say could hold it back. But I have seen worse looking 10s. Beautiful card congrats!

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

How do they gauge the centering on the top? From the top to the red line or to the T in Topps? Either way, agreed, it's a beaut.

• Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

Marks to the left of the helmet

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobmoat said:
    Marks to the left of the helmet

I noticed those as well, I guess that is what is holding it back. Those are so prevelant on 82 Topps. I appreciate the confirmation

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only the lower right corner looks 10-worthy. You can skate by with touches like are present on the other 3 if only on 1 corner, possibly 2 max., but all 3 of those together seem like 9 territory to me. Until they make 9.5's...

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Stopped after the top two corners look soft and PD streak in the AllPro corner
    Centering looks good enough though, nice card

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I agree with the above two comments ... the top two corners, IMO, are not "10" worthy. Nice looking card.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with the top two corners keeping it from getting a 10.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Keep. Very pretty card in new 9 holder. Due to what others pointed out, unlikely 10 bump.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys to the naked eye the corners look razor sharp, just under magnification do you see slight imperfections. The slight print marks on the side are not noticeable either without magnification. I think I will keep this 9 and sell my other