Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ready to rip!

Recently purchased during one of eBay's regular coupon offerings, specifically to rip and get ready for my favorite season of the year - National time!

Will start opening these tomorrow. My daughter wants to help out (she LOVES baseball, and therefore, baseball cards), so hopefully she'll pull some gem mint Cansecos!

More photos to come...

Go Dodgers!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Good luck with the RIP.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool enjoy. Love the idea of ripping a classic box. Hmmmmm......

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a ton of 90s wax that I opened with my son for entertainment.

Best times ever.

Good luck - how about some pics with daughter in the rip?

Mike
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Nicely centered jose! Love the stash. Your daughter did great!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like your daughter enjoyed the rip. Priceless moment. :+1::+1:

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I love it! Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Oh my goodness, those eyes!

Not you, Jose.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pull! You need to have her open all packs now with that kind of luck.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool and thanks for the reminder that I need to do more collecting with my Son (23).

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

looks like a gem
    the card and the girl

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the Rated Rookie on the box top? I don't remember it.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

That's awesome, great pull by your little one! That was THE card to have during my collecting heyday. I've been letting the kids (4&7) get into some 80s wax, but now they want cards with players that they know. So I'm finally being forced to buy modern :-(

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

My boy gets more hits than I in a 1/10 of the packs that I rip. It's uncanny.

The auto is a great idea and if you can get that personalized and graded that would be epic!

Very cool.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Great pull! You need to have her open all packs now with that kind of luck.

I would take it one step further. I would let her pick out the boxes and single loose packs. She has the positive Karma.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

That's simply awesome not sure what the card would grade but you sure have a gem mint 10 in that little girl.

• Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys for all of the nice comments. The little one and I spent 2 days at the NSCC and had an awesome time! Made many new friends, and picked up some great stuff. Will recap the experience in a separate thread later on, after getting photos/scans of everything and getting my thoughts together on an incredible weekend!

We did fly in on Wednesday and had a chance to meet Jose Canseco so he could autograph the big card from the 86D rip. He noticed my daughter standing in line, gave her a big smile, and could not have been more friendly when we met him. Big thanks to Jose for starting her NSCC experience off on the right foot, complete with a fist bump!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Awesome Michael...that Jose picture with your daughter is priceless.

It was great meeting you and your daughter. You must show everyone the card she pulled from that 1979 Topps baseball wax pack!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome photos of your daughter with Jose and thanks for sharing. Was a pleasure meeting you and talking cards - can't wait until next year.

KC

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

That's awesome. I started collecting cards at 4 years old and I've never left the hobby. Hopefully she stays with it as well, and gets as much enjoyment out of it as we do.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez Michael.

This is one of the highlights of the show for me.

I remember with fond memories my time with Justin - his first national was in '92 at the age of 9.

Your daughter is beautiful buddy.

Mike