Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What will July's PSA specials be ?

Hope something good, like 25 or more cards @ $6 each would be sweet !!!!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy with $6.50.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Might be a good pre-National special. I don't remember what last year was but I could go for a 56-present $6.50 50 day special. I have about 150 cards sleeved and ready to send.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Let's set the price lower just in case the mods are watching....

I'd like a $3.50 10 day special. Please and thank you. :)

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

The answer is: Another reason to complain about economics and impatience.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I will take 6.50 or even 6.75.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

It will be pre 56 only again is my guess. This year they threw in the towel on post 56.

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2017 7:10AM

@travis t said:
    The answer is: Another reason to complain about economics and impatience.

Ohhh, so close, we were looking for, "WHAT IS another reason to complain about economics and impatience?"

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess they don't realize how cheap some of us are. I will just keep stacking and waiting for a better special.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

At some point PSA should actually make a special for the month that would make a difference to us collectors. Have a month where over 100 cards would be $6 and over 200 would be $5.50. Sure would make a ton of people happy.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

I smell a new label/reholder type special

• Options

@1954 said:
    At some point PSA should actually make a special for the month that would make a difference to us collectors. Have a month where over 100 cards would be $6 and over 200 would be $5.50. Sure would make a ton of people happy.

A ton of people is so hard to please. That's around 10 of us, give or take. Maybe 15 salad eaters. And the bombardment of the grading department through offered specials is what has caused them to reverse course and force new protocol on old drooling dogs. The word "special" has been overtly abused. It once was, but no longer is.

• Options

@Dand522612 said:

I was scared that they will raise the price significantly with the redesign. Cost of technology bump or some bs...

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Simply put... whatever they are... they would have to try very, very, very hard to make the specials any "less special" than they have been the last 3 months. They've basically been a 25% kick-to-the-f***ing-face of people who paid for a CC membership.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@Dand522612 said:

I was scared that they will raise the price significantly with the redesign. Cost of technology bump or some bs...

How much more does it cost now to create the super duper label??? I like it, however specials have been boring

• Options
    braves72078braves72078 Posts: 465 ✭✭

At least SGC had a great special this month so I cleaned up a lot of cards I was holding and waiting for a good special and $5 a card don't get any better.

• Options

@Dand522612 said:

@secretstash said:

@Dand522612 said:

How much more does it cost now to create the super duper label??? I like it, however specials have been boring

I don't believe pricing went up since it already did earlier this year, but I would not have been shocked had they did. In either case, set and registry collectors alike will be annoyed with cards not having same flip so they may upgrade them all. This is why when PSA gets a holder design wrong and ends up changing to new technology, it helps them tremendously and hurts the collector who owns previous versions. All cards on the table, I did get a recent order back a week ago in old holders so obviously I feel already behind the ball as they used the old stock on me.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braves72078 said:
    At least SGC had a great special this month so I cleaned up a lot of cards I was holding and waiting for a good special and $5 a card don't get any better.

Saving a couple of bucks on grading sounds great but when you factor in the reduction in value for the cards in SGC holders vs PSA holders, is it really worth the discount? Particularly for post war cards, in any case.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think PSA should offer a reholder special for anyone wanting the new design.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

It is going to interesting to see how pricing plays out. I know many are upset with the recent specials, but in retrospect aren't you glad you didn't just send in a boatload of cards because of a special to just miss out on the new holder? I caved and took advantage of the 100+ bulk special in June on the new holder announcement with the concern that PSA might use the new holder as an excuse to actually raise prices. $7 per card might be the new bottom for bulk and it might actually get more expensive with the new holder. I hope I am wrong. $7 is already pricing your grading skills as near perfect for sub $100 submissions.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

about tree-fiddy

• Options
    braves72078braves72078 Posts: 465 ✭✭

@grote15 said:

@braves72078 said:

Saving a couple of bucks on grading sounds great but when you factor in the reduction in value for the cards in SGC holders vs PSA holders, is it really worth the discount? Particularly for post war cards, in any case.

Since I don't sell the cards I grade nor do I have the deep pockets of many here and its still a hobby to me, yes it's worth it to me.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@braves72078 said:

Exactly,never have understood why anyone would submit vintage to SGC or BVG. Even if said collector is not intending to sell, it still make no sense to me. Chances are the day will come when said collector will want to sell.

• Options

Would some of you veterans share some advice as to how to estimate grade of a card. I am sure many others have the same concern. Spend significant $$$$ only to learn your cards are not nearly as nice as you thought.........any advice appreciated!

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

PSA tells me they are massively backed up, hence the crappy specials. My 7 day sub will be going on day 17 tomorrow.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

They might get posted today on their FB page

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Same as June just an FYI, 15.00 a card for CC Special #1 and no National drop off special I was told...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Another month of waiting .....................

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Time to use the bulk rate of 100 at 7.00 per card. I do have some Aaron Judge cards to submit.

• Options

They may be just trolling us now.

I wish I could undo signing back up 5 months ago had I known this. Only can do 100 cards for $7 at the bulk rate.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

I wish I could undo signing back up 5 months ago had I known this. Only can do 100 cards for $7 at the bulk rate.

I'm not renewing again...first time in years..I'll just try to find piggybacks on bulk rates.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

Another month of waiting will do you no good if they're still buried after the National. I'll be hanging on until the 2020 Summer Olympics/Pokemon grading promotion. Or Armageddon. I mean, who else would bother with grading if the world's about to end? I could submit under the 50-day Special and get a one week turnaround.

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

My membership is about to expire and the only good deal is the renewal vouchers....these "specials" are sad to be a member for. Group Subs may be the way to go

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@initialD said:
    My membership is about to expire and the only good deal is the renewal vouchers....these "specials" are sad to be a member for. Group Subs may be the way to go

My membership is also set to expire this month. Is there a renewal special that typically is made available before your membership expires?

This was my first year as a member so don't have experience.

Thanks!

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

Same.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad. The answer to your question is bad.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2017 8:39PM

The bulk rate of $7 per is not that bad and I'm going to try it. 50 cents more per card than the good special and it's 30 days vs 50 days. I'll post how it works out.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

@bcubs said:
    The bulk rate of $7 per is not that bad and I'm going to try it. 50 cents more per card than the good special and it's 30 days vs 50 days. I'll post how it works out.

It's actually 45 days for the 100-card bulk submission (not 30 days).

I agree, the specials have been absolutely absurd/nonsense/nugatory for 3 months now, and for the sake of all paying members, I hope they start getting a lot better real soon.

• Options

@Dragnet said:

@bcubs said:

It's actually 45 days for the 100-card bulk submission (not 30 days).

I agree, the specials have been absolutely absurd/nonsense/nugatory for 3 months now, and for the sake of all paying members, I hope they start getting a lot better real soon.

I looked at it wrong, the 30 day is $10. I still think the 45 day for $7 isn't too bad compared to the good specials which might be a thing of the past.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the difference between PSA's Collector's Club Bulk rate service of 10 or more cards at $10/card in 30 business days and their July monthly special of 10 or more cards at $15/card in 30 business days? Is this the exact same service but PSA is just charging $5 more for the monthly special?

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    What is the difference between PSA's Collector's Club Bulk rate service of 10 or more cards at $10/card in 30 business days and their July monthly special of 10 or more cards at $15/card in 30 business days? Is this the exact same service but PSA is just charging $5 more for the monthly special?

The difference is in the declared value maximum... $100 vs $250

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    PSA tells me they are massively backed up, hence the crappy specials. My 7 day sub will be going on day 17 tomorrow.

if you stop submitting, the prices will drop....if they are crazy busy...prices will remain .....i think we studied this in high school....

• Options
    edited August 1, 2017 6:16AM

Don't even look this month...

Going on this current fiscal year with no viable specials. Probably won't be in a rush to renew again next year since I have waited 6 months for the special I rejoined for. lol

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    Don't even look this month...

Going on this current fiscal year with no viable specials. Probably won't be in a rush to renew again next year since I have waited 6 months for the special I rejoined for. lol

I fail to see how $20/card, $250 max value, 5 business days is a "special" when you can get standard service at $18/card, $500 max value, 10 business days.

If they are so backed up, I would have to believe the odds of them hitting a 10 day service level are greater than them hitting 5 days! Paying $2 more, for the "potential" of 5 business days, ain't at all enticing when the pool of potential cards you can submit (by value) is essentially cut in half!

Bulk it is, again, this month...

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 6:35AM

Whats Sucks, is that the PSA/DNA special was a good one with the 50% off jumped to include $50 and 75 fee items.

Then I saw the $150 max declared value, almost nothing with a $75 fee is going to qualify.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

I got tired of waiting and sent 120 cards on the $7 bulk submission this morning.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

@bcubs said:
    I got tired of waiting and sent 120 cards on the $7 bulk submission this morning.

I'm thinking that too.

Joe

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

I sent in a 100 card bulk $7 submission received by PSA on June 13. Still has not been processed yet. Only submit bulk if you aren't in any kind of hurry, but definitely has the best value recently.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

anyone have twitter? perhaps a tweet or two at Mr. Orlando may do some good. This is getting pretty ridiculous..