Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC

How does PWCC commission work? If PWCC sells my card for $1000 on eBay, PWCC gets 8% and eBay takes its 10%, is that correct ?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, there fees aren't bad at all. If I sell something, I pay 10% ebay, 2.9% Paypal, and shipping costs. Their fees are much less than I would expect.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Brent has a sweetheart deal with eBay, plus he makes a little extra from shipping charges.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

His fees are uncapped on the high end (unlike eBay), so I'd assume that's where the real money is made.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Batpig said:
    Brent has a sweetheart deal with eBay, plus he makes a little extra from shipping charges.

I find his shipping is reasonable

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me as well. Always combines and I've been reimbursed extra shipping on multiple occasions.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Any smart business will make money on shipping.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

His shipping is reasonable for multiple items but for a single item can be pretty high, $25 for a $250 wax box.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great packaging. I will gladly pay more for it. Just got two cards this week double wrapped in bubble mailers and inside their outer packaging envelope. Worth the money to protect your cards.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packaging is great from most sellers on eBay, at least in my experience. As long as items arrive securely and intact, I could care less what kind of packaging is used and would prefer to allocate those funds towards additional purchases. I find the best value with Brent is to purchase multiple auction items as he typically charges only 25 cents for each additional card won.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

In my limited experience buying from PWCC I wasn't too happy with the shipping. Both of my items of several hundred dollars were sent in a bubble envelope with no other protection (graded cards). No problems, arrived safe, just expected them to be in a box. This was a couple years ago, so perhaps it has changed.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather not worry about as long as they arrive safely. The extra money alleviates this concern. I don't buy that many cards so it isn't a large sum and their higher cost is reflected in the packaging. They have been successful in this area and I am sure they buy in bulk and make a little on the shipping. That said because they deliver I think it washes out shipping charge concerns. Keep it up PWCC.

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2017 8:15PM

I plan to drop off several high dollar cards to them at the National. The commission will be roughly the same as EBay but the savings on PayPal fees will save me a couple grand.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:
    His fees are uncapped on the high end (unlike eBay), so I'd assume that's where the real money is made.

exactly.

$10k card = $250 ebay fee.
    $10k card = $800 pwcc fee.

cue the "well his realized price would be more than if you sold" arguement.

then cue "well i could get more if i shilled my auction, too" retort.

and the beat goes on.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

Makes sense. I don't watch his auctions, but how many of them go for $10K or more? Less than 1%? While high dollar cards would be lucrative, how many of those does he actually have?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2017 2:07PM

@muffins said:

@MrHockey said:

exactly.

and the beat goes on.

eBay has a Fee Calculator http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator according to that calculator a $7.5k card on eBay has a final value fee of $750,

$7,500 is eBay cut off for sports cards, cards over $7,500 have a final value fee of $750.

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2017 7:48PM

@Mickey Mays said:

@muffins said:

@MrHockey said:

exactly.

and the beat goes on.

eBay has a Fee Calculator http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator according to that calculator a $7.5k card on eBay has a final value fee of $750,

$7,500 is eBay cut off for sports cards, cards over $7,500 have a final value fee of $750.

that is only if you don't have a store, with a store the fee is capped at $250

As for shipping , I don't think he makes much on shipping. he will combine items for the whole 2 weeks he runs his daily auctions. and if you win a bunch of cards , the shipping he charges has been less than the actual cost on my instances that I have bought a large quantity of cards

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I didn't say his shipping was unreasonable. I said he was making a bit extra off of it.

• Options

I dont think that he is. He has to pay people to sort winnings and pack at that very large volume, pay for space to store all items, shipping supplies, costs to get all packsges to PO, other shipping overhead, paypal fees, ebay fees, etc. If you think he is gouging on shipping, ask him for a itemized breakdown of cost for various priced graded cards...i bet you find he makes little on shipping...in the few cents range. No one is in the business to make money on shipping.

• Options

@packCollector said:

As for shipping , I don't think he makes much on shipping. he will combine items for the whole 2 weeks he runs his daily auctions. and if you win a bunch of cards , the shipping he charges has been less than the actual cost on my instances that I have bought a large quantity of cards

What he said

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I would guess he loses money on shipping.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

@packCollector said:

@Mickey Mays said:

@muffins said:

@MrHockey said:

exactly.

and the beat goes on.

that is only if you don't have a store, with a store the fee is capped at $250

exactly.

"and knowing is half the battle"